1938 CWC Roadmaster Psycho Truck Conversion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddy Craig brought this by for me today. Couldn’t resist mounting it to bike.
F13CB862-EB73-4204-B86A-9036577CF32B.jpeg
7AC0C405-B418-47C1-900D-B1650573E14C.jpeg
2F9FA54B-0325-4396-A7DE-8AE97937D15C.jpeg
5C11106D-E545-4D14-AC2A-AD5FE451F9E7.jpeg

Two sets of tires showed up. First set, both advertised as red, the front looks more like clay. Second set was black just in case. Dura bricks. So I ended up putting on the dura bricks today. Taking it on a ride tomorrow with the OBC Bluz Cruise. 20mile shake down, as I like to refer to it as.

F4358C0E-8E84-4095-9C11-507F97CBA63E.jpeg

I also found a cool beer can blue tooth speaker that I will take apart and insert into the old Koehler can. After the ride tomorrow, I will tear it down and get sandblasted and ready for paint.

C0867391-291C-4F9D-B870-1C693820B764.jpeg

i also changed out the front wheel today when getting tires swapped out. Really rolls great after rebuilding both hubs…

Last edited:
Front wheel looks much better. Been gone for a week or so, nice progress on this. Diggin' the vibe! For me adding wood on a bike build always raises the cool factor. Maybe a coat of Zinsser Amber Shellac on that beer crate to preserve, and give it a bit of pop to the graphics, and give it that 'vintage fresh' look.

Here's an old door with just two coats of the Amber Shellac. I've used it on new wood as well, with amazing results.

amber shellac on a door.jpg

Front wheel looks much better. Been gone for a week or so, nice progress on this. Diggin' the vibe! For me adding wood on a bike build always raises the cool factor. Maybe a coat of Zinsser Amber Shellac on that beer crate to preserve, and give it a bit of pop to the graphics, and give it that 'vintage fresh' look.

Here's an old door with just two coats of the Amber Shellac. I've used it on new wood as well, with amazing results.

View attachment 180927
Thanks! I used Tru Oil to give it a bit of life back. The bike is ready for tear down and blasting right after the holidays. Then paint.

Had Covid this past week.
I'm on my third trip with it, a few more days of quarantine left. It doesn't do anything to me besides leave my body after it's done hanging around in it. The only way I knew I had it this time around was having been exposed by someone who tested posistive. Glad to hear you are over it and hope you elude it in the future.

Looking forward to seeing it completed. What are those pedals? I think I have a black set in my stash.

Missed you on the Bluz Cruz yesterday but glad you are feeling better & had some time in the shop. Looking forward to seeing this come together soon!:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back