1940s BMX?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I stumbled across these shots from Life Magazine today taken in the 40s. They are incredible shots of kid's getting air on ballooners.

JUMP4.jpg

COMINGDOWN.jpg

LANDING.jpg

JUMP2.jpg

JUMP1.jpg

BMXWHEELIE.jpg

crashes.jpg

bmx1.jpg

we did the same on our muscle bikes till BMX bikes showed up. boys will try and get air on anything.. :lol: :lol:

Look at this kids fork!!...I've said it before..There's NO such thing as a NEW idea. Everything has already been thought of. :lol:
BMXWHEELIE.jpg

KOTA said:
Look at this kids fork!!...I've said it before..There's NO such thing as a NEW idea. Everything has already been thought of. :lol:

I dunno, you think he did it KOTA style, or is it just a big curve fork?

I love these photos! I never had a BMX bike or a mtn bike. I rode my nanner seat bike or my Raleigh Record anywhere I wanted to go. you know like in the woods through the mud, over ramps, curbs, friends. I could ride a wheelie on my Record farther anyone else on any other bike. It gave me good speed before launching off a ramp too. Dad spent a good amount of time learning to straighten and then straightening wheels. :shock: :lol:

ozzmonaut said:
CCR said:
I like how everyone is wearing a white shirt in the middle of a dust bowl :mrgreen:
White tees were the team uniform! They were sponsored by fruit of the loom. :lol:

Even in the late 50's ALL t-shirts were white.

I remember when I got a Dr. Pepper Upper t-shirt and was dumb enough to wear it.
Nobody wore logo/advertising shirts, unless they were from Calif. and said ISKY CAMS.
I put it away, and don't think I ever put it back on! :D

Rat Rod said:
I stumbled across these shots from Life Magazine today taken in the 40s. They are incredible shots of kid's getting air on ballooners.

JUMP4.jpg

The bikes are cool, but the hairstyle is even better!

Looks like Calif. A 2" or 3" rain would make that place a little more exciting. 8) Excellent quality B&W pics from that time period. Gary

Latest posts

Back