1940's? Sunshine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up this twin bar Sunshine (made in Waterloo Ontario) on the weekend. The gentleman I bought it off of said it was from the 40's. I was looking for a build off bike and thought this would be a great start. He threw in a rear rack (with the jewelled reflector still intact). Does anyone know where I might be able to figure out the actual date? The serial number is on the seat tube (012916). I plan on picking up a tank and entering this May's build off. I just put a seat I had laying around the garage to get an idea for what kind of seat tube I want to use. Thanks for any information you might have about this old Sunshine.
IMG_0638.jpg

I have had a few of those. As far as I know there is no way of telling the year by the serial number. Apparently the Sunshine Company only made bicycles for about 13 years ending in 1952. I have seen lots of them here for sale but then again I'm only 45 minutes from Kitchener where they were made. Unless it was an all nice original paint survivor, I would say rat it! Great build off bike!

I agree with Rob. In it's condition it's in it's a great candidate. I'm thinking of useing one of my monarks as a build off bike lol Even bigger sin!!!

I saw someone post on another site, that the "Sunshines bicycle line was only in business 10 or 11 years and never produced huge numbers in any of those years so I imagine they're pretty scarce."

I don't see them come up for sale very often. I would like to get my hands on one, and would probably try to keep it as original as possible as they are kind of rare, great find!

Sean

Latest posts

Back