"1941" Colson (The Bullnose)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First off, I've been on the hunt for this particular bicycle for several years now. After putting the hunt for this bike on the back burner, I stumbled across this bicycle's counterpart...The '41 Colson Clipper(Goodyear). I knew once I got that bike finished, I needed to find the Bullnose(Firestone). After a lot of trading and waiting, I finally got my hands on a project that I could complete myself.

Thanks to everyone who patiently followed this build. It was more of a refurbish project than a build. Mostly parts collecting, cleaning, re-greasing and preserving the beautiful patina that drips from this bike. This probably isn't going to be considered a Rat Rod Bike by any means, but I hope you all can still appreciate the coolness this bike brings and why it needed to stay so original.

Thanks you guys,
Tyler

Enjoy the Photos

Crossing my fingers for the "Best Patina Award", too many beautiful customs to have a chance at the build off win!

It all started as just a vision...

4y8a2emu.jpg

Then...

hedymemu.jpg

IMG_4205[1].JPG

IMG_4207[1].JPG

IMG_4209[1].JPG

IMG_4206[1].JPG

IMG_4208[1].JPG

IMG_4203[1].JPG

IMG_4204[1].JPG

IMG_4202[1].JPG

IMG_4201[1].JPG

IMG_4200[1].JPG

IMG_4199[1].JPG

IMG_4198[1].JPG

IMG_4196[1].JPG

IMG_4197[1].JPG

IMG_4194[1].JPG

IMG_4191[1].JPG

IMG_4190[1].JPG

IMG_4192[1].JPG

IMG_4189[1].JPG
IMG_4188[1].JPG

Last edited:
I'd say mission accomplished on point... Fantastic job... And those are some nice lookin pics... Didn't get a chance to cruise it at smoopys... How's it ride? That seat looks comfy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's because at smoopy's, it was still barn fresh. Not ridable at all.

Now it rides like a deluxe prewar ballooner should.....smooth.

Just the right amount of custom work to go along with the awesome preservation you did on this classic bike!!!!
BRAVO buddy!!! You really captured this one perfectly!!!!
CONGRATS!

Just the right amount of custom work to go along with the awesome preservation you did on this classic bike!!!!
BRAVO buddy!!! You really captured this one perfectly!!!!
CONGRATS!

Means a lot. Thanks KF, thanks everyone.

Just noticed 5 major typos in the closing statement up top. Wow. I guess I was so exited to get it posted, I forgot to proof read.

Can't beat original paint no matter how many matching condition parts with same colors we have to find to complete a project. I can see where this might have taken awhile to find whatever was needed.
Great job!

Latest posts

Back