1945 Elgin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you guys for all the positive feedback ! Really helps drive me along !

I've always wanted to attempt a gender swap build :chicken:

Figured there was no better a time to take a stab at it than during the Build Off.

Sometimes a deadline is a good thing :crazy:

Here is a page 2 reminder pic .....

Before....

Under Construction.....

.... As far as a name goes......

The bike hasn't " spoken " to me yet :39:

Stay Tuned.....

"Freeze" or I'll shoot!
Drop the tools, and "Stand Against The Wall"

Your making us all look bad!

Love it keep going!!!!!

"Freeze" or I'll shoot!
Drop the tools, and "Stand Against The Wall"

Your making us all look bad!

Love it keep going!!!!!

:21: Thanks!

Once you get in the groove it's so tough to remember to stop and shoot.:crazy: Then once I'm done for the day , I come inside and spend about an hour editing and uploading .
Fun Fun Fun :thumbsup:

5/19/14

Made a little more progress today....

I needed to fine tune which angle I wanted for the lower tube. The magnets are great , but they were somewhat limiting.... So I improvised :39:

Originally I had it farther away from the top tube. I kept hesitating and staring.... For some reason it wasn't flowing right :acute:
So I marked it , fine tuned & fish mouthed it closer together. MUCH happier with the looks.

Grabbed about 78 Clamps , 14 Vice Grips , and my trusty " Jig " and got to business....

....Then , in good old New England style , I had to hurriedly drag everything back into the garage because of the sneaky pop up Sun Shower :whistle:...... 10 minutes later I got to set back up and weld er up!

Ground down the welds... ( extra tricky between the tubes, but well worth it I think )

I threw the fender on just to get a feel for it ( Original Schwinn rear fender from Gumby Rumpus :D) I'm not sure if I'll use fenders or not. Just throwin parts at it to see what sticks thus far.

More thinkin to do.....

Enough for one day :thumbsup:

STAY TUNED!

Frame is looking good, man. Great job.

My only suggestion, which is just that, of course, take it or leave it, is that the whole thing seems to be aimed... upward a bit in front. If you moved the front wheel a little forward, through bet forks, a springer, or some other inventive method, then the top tube would be closer to parallel with the ground, which might look better.

This is just a taste thing though. You're doing great.

Frame is looking good, man. Great job.

My only suggestion, which is just that, of course, take it or leave it, is that the whole thing seems to be aimed... upward a bit in front. If you moved the front wheel a little forward, through bet forks, a springer, or some other inventive method, then the top tube would be closer to parallel with the ground, which might look better.

This is just a taste thing though. You're doing great.

Thanks Man :thumbsup:
Actually, Deven, the fork in the pic is not the one I'm gonna use. I have a fork in mind that I will use, it's in my storage unit I just haven't gone to grab it yet. Figured If I slipped with the grinder or something I'd rather not hurt the one I plan on using.
In Fact , the wheels and tires are possibly gonna be switched out too. They were the only ballooners I had nearby that held air , for proportion purposes. I have plans for them too :banana:

Excellent build going on here. Thanks for all of the details.
Your finished product is going to have someone scratching there head years from now trying to figure out what model frame this is and trying to find a tank for it.
ps. Just how many road signs have you "acquired" anyway??

Excellent build going on here. Thanks for all of the details.
Your finished product is going to have someone scratching there head years from now trying to figure out what model frame this is and trying to find a tank for it.
ps. Just how many road signs have you "acquired" anyway??

Thanks Kingfish !
I'm a sucker for street signs (among other Junk;) ) . I try to grab em at estate sales and flea markets whenever I can . I only have a few more that I haven't shared though. So , I guess I'll have to get to pickin, or start repeatin :grin:

So, you sneek around this early in the morning too. Like ole John Wayne said, "We're burnin Daylite"

Last edited:
So, you sneek around this early in the morning too. Like ole John Wayne said, "We're burnin Daylite"

:21: YEP! I'm certainly an early riser. Early to bed , early to rise !
I've rebuilt this bike 75 different ways in my head..... Sleepin ain't easy :crazy: :21:

Latest posts

Back