1947 girls JC Higgins 4 Star

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way back around November this bike came up for sale online. The price was at the maximum for what I would value it at but being November prices usually have some wiggle room so I sent a general reply to the seller to set up a time to see it. I never heard back. I wasn't interested enough to pursue it so I just forgot about it. A few weeks ago I got an e-mail from the seller offering it for less than half of what he was originally asking so I snapped it up.

I got a good date code from the air-cooled Musselman rear hub as being first quarter, 1947. It must have been in the early post war Murray builds as it has the pre-war chain guard and reverse facing dropouts.The horn has Burgess batteries ($0.20) guaranteed not to leak and they didn't. A fresh set of batteries later and it's beeping again.

I'm not sure what direction I'm going with it due to girls bikes having low selling prices around here. The lights, reflector, and grips are missing. With an OA bath it would clean up real nice, all of the pinstriping and logos are in pretty good condition. Maybe I'll just put on some kilts and ride it.

20220507_154254.jpg
20220507_154350.jpg
20220507_153658.jpg

Latest posts

Back