1950’s A/Schwinn Straightbar Klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Items for review….
Let’s see how these look/function

F66FCB8B-75FD-4BB1-8992-ABCEF87585EF.jpeg

I'm an avid greaser of quill stems and all seatposts into steel frames. That way I am able to easily get them out after a year or two or more. I have an old can of front wheel bearing grease that doesn't wash out to easily that I use.

Nice looking Roadmaster. I see it says 15 speed so this might make it a high end Roadmaster. Good bike for general transit use. I loved riding the local RT light rail with my commuter bike back in the day.
Thanks!! 1991 made-in-taiwan Originally… This RM had campy-copy roller brakes!!! (never worked but STILL!)…. And a it had a heavier-wheelset these are more “modern”…but ya it’s a good frame. Peace!!

Small “restore” on the headbadge… this lessens the shame of another life of your ol Uncle Ookie….

Now which screws are the right pitch and more importantly… rust

CD0CFC13-820F-4DD7-85E5-9BD7798FEF67.jpeg

These two look good!

Is that a pressed steel or diecast badge?

If you are going to brave the cloth wrap, you might consider putting a strip of material behind the badge. In that way, when it bends, you can go a little further to allow for it to spring back a little.

Good point! Good idea….It appears to be brass? It is gold-ish on the reverse, not aluminum, tho i’ve felt them much heavier, like they were steel

Thanks for stopping by

🖖🏼

Is that a pressed steel or diecast badge?

If you are going to brave the cloth wrap, you might consider putting a strip of material behind the badge. In that way, when it bends, you can go a little further to allow for it to spring back a little.
👍

I feel your headbadge shame. Was given a newer Taiwan Schwinn step thru bicycle to do maintenance on. I noticed the head badge was missing. Even though it is not a Chicago Schwinn I wanted that big proud Schwinn badge leading the way. Found a NOS badge on e-bay and mounted onto the bike. Everything is again right with the world. Pink bike is the Schwinn with the new head badge. Turned out really nice. Mounted a basked to the rack. Bike rides real sweet.
IMG_0487.jpg

I feel your headbadge shame. Was given a newer Taiwan Schwinn step thru bicycle to do maintenance on. I noticed the head badge was missing. Even though it is not a Chicago Schwinn I wanted that big proud Schwinn badge leading the way. Found a NOS badge on e-bay and mounted onto the bike. Everything is again right with the world. Pink bike is the Schwinn with the new head badge. Turned out really nice. Mounted a basked to the rack. Bike rides real sweet.View attachment 180106
Thanks. Looks Cool! I like those! That frame design goes back like 75 years.

Latest posts

Back