1950's Shelby Airflo ???????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I can not find a lick of info on anything Shelby AMC era. I have this Shelby Airflo and it's all original (other than someone added a front brake) and complete except for the head badge and horn. I would like to know what is up with it before I tear it apart and customize it. If it has any collector value or anything I would rather have it go to someone and customize another bike instead otherwise it's gettin' chopped up, man. 8) Any info would be greatly appreciated!

DSC04820.jpg

DSC04821.jpg

DSC04822.jpg

DSC04823.jpg

Yeah, I figured this is one to keep OG. The problem is I have a hard time with original. I am obsessed with customizing or like Herr says I am a "re-designer". I need to know more about this bike but I may just end up trading it towards something I can chop.

I would bet that is a pretty rare bike, especially here in AZ. Trade to someone who will cruise it instead of thinning the herd of already thin original bikes. Just my opinion mind you...

fatkid said:
I would bet that is a pretty rare bike, especially here in AZ. Trade to someone who will cruise it instead of thinning the herd of already thin original bikes. Just my opinion mind you...

I agree with you Fatkid. Now, where are my tanks dammit! :wink:

JoeyMac said:
you can always customize in a way that will not harm the original bike. Things like handlebars, seats, tires, are easily replaceable, just keep the originals somewhere safe (and labeled well, trust me).

Happy customizing!

Yeah, to me that is accessorizing and just isn't enough to scratch the itch. I need to weld stuff, grind stuff, paint stuff. I am very tempted to at least get the thing on the road as it is a way cool ride! Of course I am afraid it won't stop there. :roll:
So I am very surprised no one here know anything about these AMC Shelbys. :?:

Petrohead said:
fatkid said:

I agree with you Fatkid. Now, where are my tanks darn it! :wink:

Working on them, progress updates soon. :D

I imagine that bike is pretty rare and that's why nobody has any info on it. What kind of bike are you looking for instead? I'm sure someone has something to offer for at least a partial trade.

fatkid said:
Petrohead said:
fatkid said:

I agree with you Fatkid. Now, where are my tanks darn it! :wink:

Working on them, progress updates soon. :D

I imagine that bike is pretty rare and that's why nobody has any info on it. What kind of bike are you looking for instead? I'm sure someone has something to offer for at least a partial trade.

I like kewl stuff like Columbia 5 star and the half tank columbia, X-53 or jet flo, twin bars, straight bar tankers, earlier Shelby tankers, mid to late 30's tankers or out of the ordinary bikes. I would welcome a trade on this beauty.

Latest posts

Back