Hellion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is looking sweet! Dig the striping.
Really looking forward to the sculpted tank!
Amazing deal on those propellers!!!
Thank you much! Just a few more parts and this thing will roll. The small propeller will go on the handlebars opposite the speedometer. The larger propeller is for attaching to a Model T radiator cap. If I didn’t run a springer fork I could maybe mount it on the head tube. Just winging it on the sculpted tank. The material is easy to carve. I just hope that it accepts fillers to smooth things out.

Rough cut my first slab of Sculpture Block. Using my templates, I outlined each layer and then cut each piece away. Next to l will attempt to glue up a couple pieces and test the bond. I also have a couple fillers I will try out. I have a larger piece of Sculpture Block coming, since the first piece wasn’t quite long enough to fill the tank area completely. All glued up, this piece will be quite large, which will allow me to try some creative ideas without committing to an idea right away.
F7E5FF0C-2CD2-494E-9333-EE435C8B6D08.jpeg
72F7B60F-375B-4112-AE47-6808DECA5E9F.jpeg
6895C3FA-2565-4AA1-8E27-E2D9E0C1B620.jpeg

Broke down the springer fork. I’ll start scuffing it soon to reshoot it with a satin black paint. Hopefully it will get painted this weekend, but the wife and I have tickets to go see Jack White. It will be our second time seeing him. Excellent guitar player and entertainer. I will only be able to take home the memory since phones are not allowed. All good though.
E9C5627D-4041-411E-BF71-3E97490F2AFE.jpeg

Thank you! :whew:

I almost panicked thinking of the torture you were about to go through making that the bottom race. :bigsmile:

Or learn a new trick! Really digging your bike. Like @Karate Chicken Industries said, if you need stuff, let us know. I have plenty of stuff to share. Just let me know what you need!✌️
I really appreciate the offer! I think I’m down to needing two 26” rims, preferably chromed steel. I’m looking for 36 spoke. Thanks!

Took apart my worst condition click shifter. Heated up the piece with the handle on my electric stove top. Slid off quite easily. Took the parts in to work and hit them on a polishing wheel. I have a couple options now. A cleaner Tall Stick, a clean short version and this one. I’m leaving my options open and may have a poll of which people like the most. The Devil head may go in this one. Or, a hand made grip shifter.
7696E9D3-4F14-4F2C-A162-ADA6301D0921.jpeg

I really appreciate the offer! I think I’m down to needing two 26” rims, preferably chromed steel. I’m looking for 36 spoke. Thanks!
I have a set of 60's 26" S-7s that the chrome has been restored on, with only a few minor defects on them. Not show quality, but would look nice with what you have for the build so far. I also have a set of unknown origin ISO 559 that are in decent shape, with restored chrome as well.

I have a set of 60's 26" S-7s that the chrome has been restored on, with only a few minor defects on them. Not show quality, but would look nice with what you have for the build so far. I also have a set of unknown origin ISO 559 that are in decent shape, with restored chrome as well.
Sounds like something I could use! Will the 2.125 tire fit well on those? @Karate Chicken Industries

Sounds like something I could use! Will the 2.125 tire fit well on those?
The ISO 559 set I have is a-symmetrical, with the rear rim a bit wider (1.75") than the front (1.5"). No curb hops and they look pretty good. Both are obviously the same manufacturer in Taiwan. They should fit if a 1.75" wide 26" rim was standard on that model.

The propellers came in the mail today! Super pleased! I knew the smaller propeller had a 7 inch span. The larger one is 11 inches wide! I can imagine this beast whirling around on the front of a Model T. I wish my dad and I would have built the T-bucket we always talked about. This would have been a perfect gem to add. The small one will go on the handlebars of the Hellion and the larger one will go on a shelf. It could be mounted to a head tube but I run a springer so it would get in the way. The larger propeller has a lot of grime from being on the road, along with a little bit of turquoise and bits of chrome coming through.
C566E6D8-B0D8-4F6B-B090-72DD5515710B.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back