1959 Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my grandmas bike. My grandpa bought it for her used for her to ride to work at the library and back. It was just sitting on the side of her house under a rotten tarp. It had what i believe were s-7 wheels that were rusted to heck. I found a set of S-2 rims locally and swapped those on. I rode it a little whille till the original S-2 tires crack and the tube bubbled out the side. Now i have some new rubber on them. The wife wants me to re-paint the whole bike but i like the vintage look.
Schwinn.jpg

here is the other build im working on
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=50740&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I've heard on here that the painted fenders are hard to find... as I think 59 was the only year. I have one and was going to part it out, but was instructed to keep it together. I wouldn't paint it if I was you, I like it the way it is.

I'm hunting for the tank and front rack for mine... probably never spend the money for the dual headlights though :shock:

Here is mine: (crappy phone pic)

07DB48D4-orig.jpg

Great looking bike! :D The paint is sweet, has great patina :wink: The white tires really give it some character 8)

Leave it as is. Repainting that one would be wrong on so many levels. If it was a rusted up hulk, knock yourself out. If "she" wants an old bike with new paint, tell "her" to go buy one. :lol:

I think there is room in my doghouse if you need it... :p

Latest posts

Back