• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 1962 Schwinn American Deluxe slimline project -- For Sale!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Are you bummed because you missed @SimpleMan s Schwinn American project that he had for sale???
Do you wish and wonder when a deal like that may ever come your way again???
WELL.....do we have deal for you!!!! And at the same price to only $155 plus shipping!
Here is a 1962 Schwinn American Deluxe with the slimline tank date on this one should be August 1962 (serial H262306)

IMG_2045.JPG

Oh Wow, you say. What a deal you say. But wait a minute....I see a crank, a chain ring, and a kick stand on this frame, those couldn't be included in the deal at $155.00 plus shipping COULD THEY?? I say YES, they are included at no additional fee what so ever!!!

IMG_2047.JPG

IMG_2046.JPG

You say, hey ape, there is a fair amount of pitting in the chrome, ain't there? I say, come on, it looks even better than SimpleMan's and we all know about the legendary Schwinn chrome it can be brought back from the dead!! Ok, ready to buy? Wait it gets even better, we have already offered an extremely good value, but here at ApeCo we want you to be totally satisfied with you purchase. So, we are including these incredible bonus items!!

IMG_2048.JPG

Yes, that is right, you get the original chain that was freshly broke because I just can't stand to see a chain dangling off of a frame! And an aftermarket fender light that I got with this bike when I purchased it!! Wow!

IMG_2049.JPG

What is that fuzzy blue stuff inside the light you ask?? My answer is..............it is probably manna from God, you know he did tell the people not to try and save or store any.......this very well could be someone's stash that went bad after a days storage!! Or, I guess it could be battery corrosion from some crusty eveready batteries deteriorating the the light for years!! It may be able to be cleaned and operate properly, and it may not. But hey, quit complaining.... I am throwing it in for FREE!!

Still not sold, operators are standing by...............................O.K. o.k., one more final freebie and this deal is over the moon!! I am going to throw in an original set of handlebars AND a nicely aged set of Schwinn grips!!!

IMG_2050.JPG

IMG_2052.JPG

HOLY COW, what a deal now!! Don't miss this one!! Buy this great AMERICAN NOW!!!!

IMG_2051.JPG

The bars do have a small ding on the bottom side, looks like someone whacked them with a hammer in order to remove them. So, I am all out of B.S. but this is a pretty cool middleweight bike project! No disrespect was intended to SimpleMan from this goofy listing!
SHIPPING IS INCLUDED IN THE PURCHASE PRICE>>>>>ACT NOW!!!!!

Thanks for looking,
Big Ape

Last edited:
Sorry, but I can't take any trades, I am trying to free up some space.
Still available...

Man that's quite the sales pitch Ted! LOL. GLWS man!
I just winged it and had some fun. I just looked at slimline tanks on ebay.......maybe I should finish parting this bike out....

I'd hold it for a friend if he was sure that he wanted it in the near future!:grin:

Couldn't ask a friend to do that. Thank you but unless I can move the stuff I have posted no idea when I could get it from you. Trying but nothing yet. If you get buyer or part out you got to do what you got to do. There would be no hard feelings at all.

Christopher replied..........sale is completed.

Yeah, I needed it to move so I can free up some space.

Latest posts

Back