1970 HONDA MINI TRAIL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha Ha....yes, I need to buy this stuff by the drum full. Those who have watched me over the years know my love for Simple Green. [emoji4]
RRB sponsor.:grin:
I agree, it's good stuff! You can get it in concentrated gallon refills.
61jb6nxo5nL._SL1050_.jpg

Started the tear down process...everything looks really clean...

03ede05477f34344f8e0f7bbd4a844b9.jpg

Tank polished out nicely...

7f73a4acb15ca45a5317daca7d118032.jpg

Gonna have to get a new filter for sure...

b14b683794341f2d487d7f256e5b0377.jpg
Simple Green + 25% Dawn dish soap + scrap copper + steel + 24 hours = copper plated steel parts. No battery required as long as the steel and copper don't touch. You got Texas water we got Da Yooper electroplating.

Simple Green + 25% Dawn dish soap + scrap copper + steel + 24 hours = copper plated steel parts. No battery required as long as the steel and copper don't touch. You got Texas water we got Da Yooper electroplating.
That's a great tip, I'll definitely use it.

How well does it hold up?
Don't know, lots of variables. How thick the plating (how long did it soak, how clean) etc. It doesn't come off by cleaning it with a hand brass brush. It is probably as good as any other home electroplating. I have tried to get it off of coaster brake parts I soaked to remove grease and couldn't get the copper electroplating off. In this case the copper electroplating came from the bronze coaster brake shoes.

Latest posts

Back