1971 Orange Varsity

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this over in other bikes too, but I meant to post it here.

I finally found an Orange Varsity! I have been looking to one for about a year now. I got it at a bike shop in Troy, OH. He sells mostly new bikes, but we got to talking and he told me that he had a few old bikes in the back. This was one of them along with an old Black Schwinn Traveler from the 40's or 50's.

This one needs a lot of work. I am thinking about stripping it down and trying out a single speed coaster. Kinda like RatRod's Violet Varsity bike.

Oh, and it weighs about 300 lbs

Her are a few pics,

3352497244_89880d513a_b.jpg

3352497630_fa0b9e5cb4_b.jpg

3352170113_e6d384a70d_o.jpg

Congrats on the purchase. I just picked up a 71-73 blue surburban, looks aboutthe same size as yours, 22"? They are heavy boat anchors, mine was with no wheels, but I dont plan or carying it much. Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out.

Cool! Like a matured version of my orange krate! :lol: That is a good looking Varsity.... I sold my 1973 Continental (red) back in the late summer.

Nice Varsity. Here is what I did with the one I got (from Flying Dingo). And if the scale looks weird it's because the Varsiry is HUGE and I am 6'8".

HPIM2280.jpg

HPIM2281.jpg

Markm said:
Make it an Orange Krusher :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
100_1434.jpg

You know, the name of an old orange soda company could make a sweet build name if you do that with the orange varsity. :D Orange krush...orangina... Unfortunately I dont' know anymore. :lol:

chimichanga said:
just one question will you be wearing those shorts and that shirt when you ride it? :D :D :D :D

I love the bike though. It looks like the paint if fine. Are you going to repaint it?
hey i love that shirt and shorts i have a pair of shorts thats shorter then that there slim fit wranglers cowboy jeans that i cut the legs off this summer i will half to post a photo of me riding one of my bikes with them on i got a lot i mean a lot of odd and goofy clothes like a wool one piece antique bathing suit
i really like that outfit but not to much interested in that type of bike but it is nice if you like that style of bike :D

BrigmasterA said:
Please DO NOT post a pic of you in your Daisy Dukes! This is a family-oriented site! :wink:
i aint a girl i dont wear daisy duke shorts
there mens wrangler jeans cut off like the lenght the christian rock band showbread wears
showbread_live_thumb.jpg

this only photo of one of the band members wearing them i havent wear them on a bike yet they actually mighty make good bike shorts :shock: :lol:

jesusfreak86 said:
BrigmasterA said:
Please DO NOT post a pic of you in your Daisy Dukes! This is a family-oriented site! :wink:
i aint a girl i dont wear daisy duke shorts
there mens wrangler jeans cut off like the lenght the christian rock band showbread wears
showbread_live_thumb.jpg

this only photo of one of the band members wearing them i havent wear them on a bike yet they actually mighty make good bike shorts :shock: :lol:
I'm sorry man, but any shorts that are cutoff jeans, especially tight cowboystyle jeans that don't come at least 3/4 of the way to your knees are daisy dukes in my opinion. Guy or girl.

Nice score, but check the frame and fork for straightness. I can't really see it clearly, but it looks like the top tube and the down tube is bent near the head tube.

I had a nice one last year. It was a really sweet riding bike for what it is.

IMG_0377.jpg

Latest posts

Back