• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1980 Huffy Lightning BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This little bike is not your average convertible. The welds and chrome are far superior to any Headstrom bike ever made. I believe the serial number shows it is a 1980 and it is sporting very early stamped Sun Metal Prod. rims. Someone putt a sticker on the headtube but it is a Huffy Lightning and 1980 was the first year for the Huffy Pro Lightning so I assume it is the first (and possibly only) year for these. All original except the seat, there is even some kind of code taped to the inside of the rear stay that appears to be from the factory. $125 includes shipping. Think of all the junk bikes at Walmart...... YOUR KID IS COOLER THAN THAT!

Too rich for your blood? Make me an offer. Willing to trade for prewar accessories like lights, bells, horns etc.

Latest posts

Back