1980 Torker L.P. Long

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pics coming soon, I'm stoked about this find! All parts are original, some parts are missing. I would love to know what kind of parts would be appropriate (would be fitted this year bot not after). Parts missing are: Tires, chain, brake levers, calipers and pad set.

Edit:
After doing a bit more research it looks to be an Eddie King edition which came just as a frame for you to outfit yourself. I don't have the frame with me to verify the serial number (there's a four digit one under the BB shell but didn't looks before at the one inside the rear drop out) but everything looks correct on it.

Edit:
Just looked up the serial number it's a November 1980 Torker L.P., which is essentially an Eddie King but with an American BB. It's also a really low, three digit, serial number.

Edit again:
Just realized there's a difference between the LP, Low Profile (I saw false information that said it stood for "Long Pro"), and the LP Long or called LPX, which is what this it.

Re: Torker MX Eddie King replica edition

Here's some detail pics, turns out to be some nice parts!
Torker01.jpg

Torker02.jpg

Torker03.jpg

Torker04.jpg

Torker05.jpg

Torker06.jpg

Torker07.jpg

Torker08.jpg

Re: 1980 Torker L.P.

Post a whole bike picture please!!!
I had one of them, in 1981 of course!
Sweet find.

Thanks, guys! Here's a parts list

Ukai Rims
SR Peugeot stem
Oakley II grips
Takagi Tourney cranks, made in June 1980
Rattrap pedals, likely KKT
Race inc. bars
Troxel seat
Dia Comp MX double bolt seat clamp
Race inc. seatpost
Plan on running Shimano Tourney brakes and pre-bent lever, both front and back, also Izumi gold chain or KMC nickle plate and gumwall tires

thebigorangecat said:
Dang! Grips and Cranks alone worth $200+

I know!! Craziness, but I'm not going to disclose how much I paid for it. :p

I've got appropriate calipers on the way but I'm trying to narrow down the right lever. There's two places on the anodized bars that isn't faded so I can see where the original levers were. There isn't a hole in the band, so it wasn't a Shimano DX, I'm likely going with Dia Compe MX3's, but there isn't much about their dating to tell me they were out in 1980.

I got thinking about the botyom brackets, only the short frames had euro size.
Saweet bike!

mikeeebikey said:
I got thinking about the botyom brackets, only the short frames had euro size.
Saweet bike!

From what I understand you could get either bb on the l.p. long frame. If it was an American bb then it's just an l.p. long and if it's an European then it was called the Eddie King replica until he stopped racing for them, then they called it something else.

Latest posts

Back