1995 Sunn Vertik 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This setup worked better than I had expected for pressing in the headset cups the right way around. Lots of grease, a clamp to do the pressing, and a plastic hammer to keep things aligned. Only problem is, that the bottom cup is too small for the 27mm. cone on the fork (contrary to what the guy who sold me the headset claimed). So it was all a waste of time and effort...

Check out Porkchop BMX online store. They carry all kinds of headsets. I buy nice quality headsets from them that fit old Schwinn Varsity's just fine. Bottom cups have several different measurements sometimes and this outfit tells you what fits what. I hope this helps your situation.

Check out Porkchop BMX online store. They carry all kinds of headsets. I buy nice quality headsets from them that fit old Schwinn Varsity's just fine. Bottom cups have several different measurements sometimes and this outfit tells you what fits what. I hope this helps your situation.
Thanks for the heads up :)
Fortunately one of the Danish webshops got the right size back in stock, just as my summer holiday was starting - hence the "Huzzah!" a few posts back.
Also
'Tis a bike!

Just as I was about to go for a test ride last night, I heard a "pop-pfsst" from the front tyre (¤%& Schwalbe xx-light tubes keep failing on me).
Luckily I had the original front wheel on hand, on the summer house cruiser.

So today I went on a ride down to the harbour

And out to my "secret" chill spot

All in all, I'm well chuffed with this build! I still need a longer seat post, but other than that the fit is pretty much spot on. And for once, I've nailed the brake/gear adjustments on the first try :happy:.

I cabled up the brakes Brit-style, to keep the rear housing from rubbing on the front cable:

How grippy/squishy is the compound on those tires? I love soft tires for road shredding
They're definitely on the soft side. I've only put 15-ish K on them, on tarmac, so far. And they have a very suck-y feel compared to my other sets of tyres.
I expect them to be great for single track. But on-road I prefer a better rolling tyre like Billy Bonkers or Maxxis DTH.

Bike, book, beer, smokes, and a nice view = Chill 😎

Marlboro Cowboy Killers, my go-to for about eight years.

My substitutions to your accessory array would be similar in this form; "Last Words" by George Carlin, stick matches, an Illusione MK cigar and Powers Gold Label Irish Whiskey in a flask.

I get the white wheels, they're so hawt. But I prefer the look of the other, looks more like a mountain bike. I don't think you use it on trails, so white for you?
Maybe I want them both

Latest posts

Back