1st post - bike lover bound to find this site

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey

Jay here. I got back into bikes about 4 years ago and dont know why I ever stopped in the 1st place. Mostly in to chopper / cruiser / klunker type bikes but like all kinds. Since ive been back Rehabbed several Electras, Treks, Nirves and others. Currently working on a Nirve promotional cruiser, standard Dyno Glide red white cruiser, worksman business cycle. I just unloaded 10+ bikes due to lack of space but am always looking out for deals I cant pass up.

Look forward to sharing and learning from the site.

Jay

This is the anything goes site. You'll never be judged here. Unless I catch you cutting up Breezer 1 or something

I just pulled apart a worksman urban commuter for the wheel set, I know some worksman people are cringing right now. I got the entire bike for $125. The wheels are the alloy wheels with 11g spokes, 3 speed nexus rear hub (trigger shifter was so stoked about that), sealed bearing drum brake front hub. The bike wasnt more than 3 years old and it went to a friend so I didnt feel bad scavenging the wheelset and letting the rest go. Im pretty sure I'll have the wheelset for life.

The funny thing is 3 weeks after letting it go I was browsing craigslist and found a Black Worksman Business Cycle single speed cruiser, 11g steel spokes (not stainless). The front hub has the axle that comes out when you take the wheel off the fork. The rear hub is a Bendix 76. I havent had time to look at it any further. Id like to figure out a age on it I know its atleast 40 years + old. Pretty sure its all original aside from the tires. The bike has some pitting but nothing to cry about. The craziest part it only cost me 40 minutes of driving and $20.

Ive tried to upload pictures 2 different ways and the files are too big. Ill figure it out but if anyone knows a quick fix Id appreciate the help.

Both Worksman I rambled about have/had 26" wheels by the way. Oh and there is no serial number on the bottom bracket... where else should I look. I quickly looked under the rest of the bike and found nothing.

Last edited:
This is the anything goes site. You'll never be judged here. Unless I catch you cutting up Breezer 1 or something
I always wanted to make a Breezer first generation clone. I read somewhere that there were only 62 of them made. I have a head badge and tubing but I have put off working on it for 2 years. The BB will be the hard part for me. I have rims but the other parts are so expensive that I might just make the frame for a wall hanger, get it plated. It would be cool to take it to mountain bike races and see if anyone recognizes it.

Ive tried to upload pictures 2 different ways and the files are too big. Ill figure it out but if anyone knows a quick fix Id appreciate the help.
I've found that RRB only allows about 1.5mb per photo, and, in case you haven't done so yet, you'll need to post 10 messages before you can post photos to the site. I use Photoshop CS6 to crop my photos, and reduce the resolution to 72ppi. You might be able to do the same thing with whatever software comes standard with your computer or phone. Also, Once you've posted 10 messages, you'll see a button under your text box that says "Upload a File." Using this button will allow to upload photos directly to the website, no image hosting required. You'll then have the option to upload either a thumbnail or the full photo. I haven't tested the thumbnail option yet, so I just use the full photo option. Hope this helps you! And welcome aboard!

Latest posts

Back