1st time BMX post... Mongoose Kos Kruiser!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever been in this section before... never had a BMX bike, at least in the last... oh thirty years or so!
Well this is my most recent acquisition, one Mongoose "Kos Kruiser"! I kind'a stumbled on it, don't ask what I paid, it'd just make you cry! Even more disturbing, the guy I got it from got it for free... it was abandoned like a block away from my place! I'm not sure exactly what the plans for it are, initially just a good cleaning, keeping the original stickers in tact. The only problem area I can see is the forks are pitted quite a bit on the wheel side, the frame looks to be in really nice condition... and obviously the seat is dumpster bound!

SAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!:cool2:

awesome find!!!!! looks to an easy fix up or roll it as is it doesn't appear to need much if anything
No it's in really nice condition, as long as who ever ends up with it doesn't get fanatical about restoring it to 100% original it'll be awesome... just the grips for one of these is North of $45 for the correct ones, you could probably restore a prewar Schwinn cheaper... but this might sell faster! I wasn't planning on doing anything to it beyond a thorough cleaning and keeping the decals that are on it intact... then more likely than not it'll hit the market (If anybody wants to sneak an offer PM me), but it'll be like a week before I can get to cleaning it...

No it's in really nice condition, as long as who ever ends up with it doesn't get fanatical about restoring it to 100% original it'll be awesome... just the grips for one of these is North of $45 for the correct ones, you could probably restore a prewar Schwinn cheaper... but this might sell faster! I wasn't planning on doing anything to it beyond a thorough cleaning and keeping the decals that are on it intact... then more likely than not it'll hit the market (If anybody wants to sneak an offer PM me), but it'll be like a week before I can get to cleaning it...
well I know I cannot afford it on my budget but what kind of numbers are you thinking on it. might as well ask a man can dream right? lol

Heres my Kos(before and after,mine was rustier :rolleyes:)..I finished MOST of it today..then stuck it in the rack(was in a rush)then ran out and snapped this picture..Jeff

Just stumbled on your thread, congrats, man, I keep waiting for my version of that story to happen. Did you ever "peddle" it? Just curious, I'm all invested in moving my wife and myself, she's told me no more bikes till I get the next place bought.

Latest posts

Back