2 Cool 4 Skool, Chopper-Up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, Had a Raleigh Chopper in the early 1970, never been interested in other pushbikes since (update, sorry, didnt mean to be rude I now see how much love people put into their bikes), only 4x4's, Vans, gocarts, trikes and Monkeybikes, one Month ago started my new project 2 Cool 4 Skool, Chopper-up, the name is long but let me explain, my Chopper in 1971 was highly customized by me and would not have lasted long in the schools bike parking area and as far as Chopper-Up, well, I had forgotten how many brazed joins there were, so every bit of brazing had to be removed and be re-welded, I am into 100 hours work (fun) of my putting back together my jigsaw build with probably another 100 to go, dont hate me for cutting a MK2 frame, it was not destined to safely be used as it was, I have lengthened it by one inch to pop wheelie only when I want to, not when it wants to. I really had forgotten just how small the Raleigh Chopper is (I was smaller in 1971), but I do like a challenge and really is there any bike seat out there that is even less comfortable than a Raleigh Chopper seat.
Well I would put up some pictures for you guys but I dont have a photobucket or similar site, If a Moderator wants me to email him some work in progress pictures I will
But until then, cant show you, sorry.
Cheers from UK.

Last edited:
2 Cool 4 Skool, Chopper-Up.
Build progress so far.

Attachments

• 2Cool4Skool-frame.jpg
    2Cool4Skool-frame.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 2Cool4Skool-frame+structure.jpg
    2Cool4Skool-frame+structure.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 2Cool4Skool-frame+motor.jpg
    2Cool4Skool-frame+motor.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 2Cool4Skool-left.jpg
    2Cool4Skool-left.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 2Cool4Skool-right.jpg
    2Cool4Skool-right.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 2Cool4Skool-rear.jpg
    2Cool4Skool-rear.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 59
Welcome you upload to this site using the paper clip "attach files" at the bottom of the post. Storage is here so no need for another photo storage. Your project sounds great.
Thank you Kevin B, I found it now. Can I ask you as someone with nearly 21 years uploading experience here, a couple of questions, do you recommend when I have some updates on 2 Cool 4 Skool, Chopper-Up, I add to another thread thats already set up.
Also my Avatar shows my gocart 'Hound-Dog' I realize its no bike, but its more Rat Rod than most gocarts, would people be interested to see it, Cheers.

That is a great avatar. I like the cart. A lot of us post our bikes in multiple threads where they fit the topic. For instance you might have a green, rusty, muscle bike that could go in the green bike thread, muscle bike thread and a rust thread and so on. No limits that I know of here.

That is a great avatar. I like the cart. A lot of us post our bikes in multiple threads where they fit the topic. For instance you might have a green, rusty, muscle bike that could go in the green bike thread, muscle bike thread and a rust thread and so on. No limits that I know of here.
Cheers for your help, just been to check up on becoming a supporting member, good price and I like the stickers, tomorrow I will bring my card or can I use Paypal.

A lot of us post our bikes in multiple threads where they fit the topic. For instance you might have a green, rusty, muscle bike that could go in the green bike thread, muscle bike thread and a rust thread and so on. No limits that I know of here.
No limits indeed. Ratrodbikes is the rat rod of forums

This is a fantastic site and I have now updated in to the Build section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back