Status
Not open for further replies.

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SPRING IS FINALLY HERE.

I was thinking as Im re-doing the seat, why not add some Harley springs under the front of it to give a bit of suspension, at the beginning of the build, boxing in the top third of the frame probably wasnt really needed so I decided to do away with it. The sissy bar isnt actually sprung anymore but part of the frame and now the seat will hinge on it.

seat-springs-Chopper-Up.jpg

Ive removed the seat post as that was the actual Raleigh Chopper original swivel attachment, but left the connection for the seat post as Im planning on fitting a DaB/MP3 Retro radio there.

seat-frame-on-springs2.jpg

Im pleased that I thought of the springs before rebuilding the seat as quite a bit of metal bracketry was needed to be welded on to make them fit and once the seat foam and cover was fitted, it wasn't coming off again.

seat-frame-on-springs1.jpg

Of all the building so far of 2Cool4Skool (Chopper-Up) recovering the seat wasn't really a job I was looking forward to, never having done a bike seat before, its not that it was difficult just fiddly making sure each side was even and no wrinkles.

under fitting.jpg

I was quite relieved when it was done.

left-side-seat.jpg

I haven't tried it yet as Im in my dirty gear, same as washing my hands before touching the hand grips, Im sure as time goes by I wont be to fussy. :cry:

Top-right-seat.jpg

And there we have it a bit more nearer completion, although is any project ever truly finished we just reach a point where its as done as its gona be so we can move on to the next.

Video soon.

Ok Guys/Gals till next time.

Last edited:

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids
In fact it's cold as heck
You got it, Bowie reference, Take it away Ground Control.

.................๐Ÿ›ธ
๐Ÿ‘พ ๐Ÿ‘พ ๐Ÿ‘พ ๐Ÿ‘พ
....๐Ÿ‘พ ๐Ÿ‘พ ๐Ÿ‘พ ๐Ÿ‘พ
๐Ÿ‘พ ๐Ÿ’ฅ ๐Ÿ‘พ ๐Ÿ‘พ V
V
...........โ—
.......โฌ› โ–ช๏ธ โฌ› Vโ—พ
............โ—
๐Ÿ’ฅ:banana: ๐Ÿ’ฅ ๐Ÿ”ฅ
๐Ÿงฎ =1........... :heart: =3

I really should get out more !.

Last edited:

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"That wasn't a space oddity, rocket man..."
YOU are Correct, consider me served, I, I, I have no excuse, and me a child of the 60's, growing up listening to all the Classics.
>>>>>>'Glam overload'<<<<<<
Does not compute.
Rebooting 3.2.1. o_O............._______
(maybe I could just pretend that I knew that and he's won the prize for noticing, yea that will do it). (shut up he will hear you). (no he wont Ive put it in brackets).(pheew thats a relief).
Hey MattiThundrrr, CONGRATULATIONS you Won ๐Ÿ†.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.