2 Cool 4 Skool, Chopper-Up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome!!:crazy2::giggle: Sounds like it's ready to rip!!

This bike has changed my perception of motorized bikes. May have to consider having one. Although I am hazardous to my health enough without a motor....:21:

Awesome!!:crazy2::giggle: Sounds like it's ready to rip!!

This bike has changed my perception of motorized bikes. May have to consider having one. Although I am hazardous to my health enough without a motor....:21:
Hey, Thanks, you just made it onto page (2).
Word to the wise, if ya do fit a motor, before starting it, brace your bike against a wall 🟫🚲⬅️..... ☑️;).

It will likely be a while before I get a motorized bike. It will have to be an old one. I will try to remember your advice but like the way you did it. Seems funnier to me and laughter is the best medicine!:21::21:

It will likely be a while before I get a motorized bike. It will have to be an old one. I will try to remember your advice but like the way you did it. Seems funnier to me and laughter is the best medicine!:21::21:
You should build one, its a great way to win an argument, to yell at an inanimate object, Im always having a go at my projects like "Why dont you fit" and "For F sake bet its a 12mm cos I can find the 13mm and 11mm,", O, and my favorite "It was right there a minute ago, what have you done with it !".
All Joking aside, life has been a bit naff, recently for the majority of people and immersing yourself into a project is a great way to just forget about all the crazy crap that's going on in the world, my outlook is as long as its something you can enjoy and its not hurting anyone or damaging nature, I say go for it. :soapbox:.

Last edited:
:rofl::rofl:Get out of my head man! :21::21::21:That is almost, word for word, the last argument I had with myself working on my build off bike!:21:

But then when you get on & go for a ride & it is smooth as silk, every frustrating moment melts away and turns into a huge grin. :happy:I love it!

:rofl::rofl:Get out of my head man! :21::21::21:That is almost, word for word, the last argument I had with myself working on my build off bike!:21:

But then when you get on & go for a ride & it is smooth as silk, every frustrating moment melts away and turns into a huge grin. :happy:I love it!
Im enjoying the build but am holding off from riding until the seat cover and comfy foam arrive, Im really not even kidding the seat is ummm, how to put this,,,,you remember James Bond in Goldfinger when he is on the table and gets told "No Mr Bond I expect you to die" and that Laser is creeping ever nearer, well compared to my Chopper seat, that would be like a slight discomfort.:arghh:

I get it. I need better/thicker foam on my bike. It may be whenever it's time for an overhaul though. Too much fun to ride now.🤓

Man, that is familiar. My aluminum (STIFF!) BMX has a seat so narrow and firm that it's like straddling a chain link fence. I stand up a lot on that one, prefer to feel it in my feet. You gotta protect your Secret Agents

Man, that is familiar. My aluminum (STIFF!) BMX has a seat so narrow and firm that it's like straddling a chain link fence. I stand up a lot on that one, prefer to feel it in my feet. You gotta protect your Secret Agents
Ha, Ha I like what you did there, Secret Agents. If I remember correctly BMX'ing was more about the stunt riding where standing was the norm, throwing the bike around obstacles and still being in control, the seat was more of an accessory.

Naw, my BMX is a cruise missile. It's a 24" wheeled track ripper that I occasionally tear up the neighborhood with.

I might have spent 6 Months building some crazy motorized creation and nobody see's it, in yet somebody posts online their new PINE FRESH air freshener on their rear view mirror and the world and their dog goes crazy for it. :crazy2:.
Hey World and Dog, howd ya like my Air freshener !!!.

tiger-tail-chopper-up.jpg

No not really, its a Tiger Tail, but you see what Im getting at.

EDIT- After re-reading this it's not what it looks like :whew:, this is a 1970's advertising gimmick from ESSO Petrol Stations, during their 'Put a tiger in your tank' stage.

Last edited:
Custom means different things to different folks. We're all at different levels. I can't weld, have never done wheel builds, never taken apart a coaster hub, but I still like to show off my rides. Some are completely stock, right down to the grips and pedals, and I still want to show them off. I think it's human nature, part of the mating instinct. "Look at my success as hunter gatherer. Now get in my gokart"

Custom means different things to different folks. We're all at different levels. I can't weld, have never done wheel builds, never taken apart a coaster hub, but I still like to show off my rides. Some are completely stock, right down to the grips and pedals, and I still want to show them off. I think it's human nature, part of the mating instinct. "Look at my success as hunter gatherer. Now get in my gokart"
Thanks for the excuse MattiThunderrr, Ive been holding off posting Hound Dog, as I am well awair that He is pushing the boundaries of being a Rat Rod Bike, but this seems the perfect opportunity and theres also a passenger seat for the right Woman, but She's gona need a good sense of humor. :happy:.

Cart-side.jpg

Last edited:
Just got back from my First Bike ride out and nothin fell off and I didn't die, yippy👍.

First-trip-Chopper-Up.jpg

Ive been waiting on some parts for 2 Cool 4 Skool (Chopper-Up) and apart from rebuilding the seat and fitting a shorter throttle cable Im almost finished, as of now it has been 300 hours minimum, what idiot originally said 200 hours and it might be done. HINT => He joined RRB on January 16th.
Im gona head back inside now and grab a can of celebratory Cider.
I will be back soon with some more pictures and write-up of the build and eventually a video.

Be careful out there people, I might be heading your way !.

Last edited:
Set your mind clock back ONE WEEK.

Well after spending way to long stripping down the carburetor and trying different jets and air filters also making a second manifold and new gaskets nothing was making the engine run correctly without full choke, I tracked it back to why on first start the throttle got stuck, the carb was crap, I ended up spraying soapy water around the carb and it turned out the throttle spindle was leaking, so I ordered a new Molkt carburetor for a 50cc - 75cc motor.

molkt-carburetor.jpg

The Quality and tolerance is really much better, so I made another manifold, this needed an extra mounting point because the carb was three times heavier, but what a difference, wonderfully smooth tick-over and very good acceleration. Because the 4 stroke 50cc and sprockets were geared for 22 to 24 inch rear tyres and the Chopper has 20 inch it is great for Torque and might top out at 25 MPH, but 2 Cool 4 Skool was never going to be about speed, whats the point of going fast if no-one can see it.

carburetor-fitted.jpg

The motor starts first time every time, which is quite handy when all eyes are on your creation. I have broken down many times in many different contraptions over the years, to the point that I take it in my stride, still there is nothing like pulling the cord and knowing its not going to let you down.
Been there, Done that, Pushed that :doh:.

Finally the delivery company got around to do what delivery companies are suppose to do,,, you know, like deliver I now have the bits to rebuild my seat, stay with me people remember the seat !.

seat-bits-Chopper-Up.jpg

Originally I was going to hang a small dreamcatcher between the intersecting brake cables but given that I live in the country Im not short of a rat skull or two and 'RatRodBikes' of course !, well it had to be done.

Rat-Skull.jpg

Just added some fiberglass behind the rat skull to give it some rigidity.
While on the subject of rats I picked up a hitchhiker, well this one is a Halloween decoration that I remembered having from years ago and with the magic of tie-wraps he is now a permanent fixture.

Hitchhiker-Chopper-Up.jpg

The next two pictures are just before going for that first ride, just incase it blew up or got damaged in some way.

Ready-to-roll-2.jpg

Ready-to-roll.jpg

So as mentioned in my last post all went well, I took pockets full of tools just because, and rode about a mile without a problem (SEAT) I came back checked all nuts (including mine), bolts, rats etc and apart from a slightly stretched chain all was good. So I am now in the process of making a second tensioner and have ordered a much better quality 415 chain.
I do have a minute long video of a walk around with it running but I have to convert it down first as its 160MB, then I can post it.

Untill then and also after then, keep smiling it makes them wonder what youve been upto. 😈.
Bye.

Last edited:
Got my new (old) IRON CROSS pedals and shorter throttle cable today, just waiting now on the chain and to finish my tensioner. I will post soon as Im really pleased with the pedals as they match the rear light.

Well people's Ive just heard back from Admin that 'The max number of MB that can be directly uploaded for videos is 51200 KB, which equates to 51.2 MB', so that helps me , hope that helps you.

Last edited:
Ok, just a quick update, Ive been after some of these Iron Cross Pedals since starting 2C4S, the ones that have been available on my site of choice (Ebay) have been 1/2" spindles, I was pleased to find these with the 9/16 size. They are quite heavy if its pedal power your using.
I have a feeling the design is really quite set back in those early Anarchy Freedom times, you know those crazy hazy lazy days of summer where you just hop on your bike and go where the road takes you, no-one to tell you what you can or cant do and if they do try to ruin your buzzz they were just uncool man !.

Iron-Cross-Pedals-Chopper-Up.jpg

Also as I mentioned in the last post they match the rear light.

2Cool4Skool-rear-light.jpg Even though its now quite hidden with the saddle bag.

Im waiting on the new chain and another quality chain roller to assist the quality one Ive fitted near the motor, but I can still be making the bracketing for the tensioner. With these motors comes the weakest of all chain roller attachments, thin steel clamped to your frame with two bolts is an accident waiting to happen as it could all to easily pull into the spokes and if that wasent enough to give you nightmares the chain roller that came with the kit was so out of round it would have accentuated rather than assisted chain tension. The Motor is really very good but the ancillaries leave a lot to be desired like the fittings that came for the rear sprocket using rubber from old car tires (no kidding), so because I can weld that made it a more permanent job.

Chain-tensioner-Chopper-Up.jpg
To anyone thinking of putting a Dinosaur fed motor on their pride and joy, my advice is learn to weld or befriend someone that can.

So until my chain gets here somebody is trying to get my attention.

Hound-Dog-under-cover.jpg

Well guys 'Ride to Live and Live to ride'.

Last edited:
This is really a short update as Ive just finished the tensioner and made some rear wheel alignment adjusters these also adjust the chain to a much finer degree and align the rear sprocket to the motor but almost more importantly keep the rear Tyre from getting too close either side with the frame as towards the center post there is only 5mm clearance either side of the Tyre the lack of space created when I strengthened the inside frame with 3mm thick flat bar also the new tensioner securing bolt gets quite close to the wheel rim (Take a breath, yea I know, should have stuck some comma's in there) ( , , , , Spare's if you want em).

Again just one of those times a welder is useful.

rear-wheel-allignment.jpg

The tensioner bracket as a bonus, again adds some more strength to the frame and now with the paint on looks like it was meant to be there.

chain-tensioner-allignment.jpg

Compared to the new chain, the old one had stretched almost half a link in that mile journey, so Im glad the weather wasn't very nice or I might have been tempted to head out for another ride, potentially damaging the sprockets.

OK until the next update, ride safe, Bye.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back