2008 Electra Sparker Special

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I've made up my mind on a new bike - thanks for all of those who helped in the decision making process.

I hope to buying a new 2008 Electra Sparker Special. If anyone out there is currently riding one and has some photos of it, I would love to see them. My LBS do not have any on the floor - so I'm just going off the website and catalog. It's hard to tell how big it is in those photos. I'd like to see it in action, and what the stance and body position is when your in the saddle.

Also - I'm torn on the color selection. I'm partial to the all black look - although I could do without some of the logos and graphics...they seem to "pop" more on the black bike than they do on the red or gray. Does anybody have any photos of showing the red, black and gray models?

Does anybody know what these things are selling for? I'm hoping to keep it right around $400...is that a stretch?

Thanks again for all your help. I'll post some pics once I get it...I can't wait. It's been awhile since I bought a new bike. I figure it will be a nice 30th birthday present to myself.

Nobody has any photos out there? I'm still holding off on the purchase, I was hoping I would see some "real life" photos of some Sparker's in action to help me make up my mind. I'll take anything. If you ride a sparker, know someone who does, or work at a bike shop with one on the floor, please post some photos.

Thanks again. Happy trails.

I don't have any pictures but I can vouch for the quality of Electras, we have 3 in the family and they are very well built bikes. It looks like the Sparker shares the same frame as my Super Delux but has a 24x3 rear wheel instead of the 26". Mine rides real smooth. It looks like the Sparkers are going for about $450 give or take a few.

Alrighty....here they be...

BTW..I'm 5'9" and weigh 175.

DSC_0015-1-1.jpg

DSC_0010-1-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1-1.jpg

DSC_0012-1-1.jpg

DSC_0016-1-1.jpg

DSC_0017-1.jpg

DSC_0013-1-1.jpg

DSC_0014-1.jpg

DSC_0009-1-1.jpg

DSC_0019-1.jpg

Thanks Rat Rod - the bike looks really great! I love the stance and the paint looks sweet.

Lightfoot - do you have any photos of your Super Delux up on the board? I'd love to see that too.

here ya go. It's got a few extra doodads bolted on and I switched the seat for one off a Nirve Switchblade.

DSCF0329.JPG

Thanks Lightfoot...good looking bike.

Electra sure does make a nice looking product. I'm off to the bike shop this afternoon to place my order. I can't wait to pick it up and post some pics.

Lightfoot, nice delux! I have a Ratrod Dirty with the same rear rack. I have been looking for some saddle bags similar to yours. May I ask you where you got those? Thanks, Scott

maximus said:
Lightfoot, nice delux! I have a Ratrod Dirty with the same rear rack. I have been looking for some saddle bags similar to yours. May I ask you where you got those? Thanks, Scott

On Ebay in the "Equestrian section" . There's lot of cool styles to choose from if you don't mind doing a little modification to the bag.

I cut out the center section of the bags leaving enough of a flap to fold over the side rails of the rack and secured it with bolts going thru both layers of the leather. If I remember correctly, I paid less than $25 including shipping for my bags.

http://sporting-goods.shop.ebay.com/items/Saddle-Bags__W0QQ_sacatZ47300

These bags would probably work with no modification at all: http://cgi.ebay.com/Aussie-Saddle-B...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 I wanted a pair of the aussie bags but they kept bidding up higher than I wanted to pay at the time.

Latest posts

Back