2011 Auction Bike- Finished pics are posted here!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2011 Auction Bike- Build Video Posted!

Less than 60 hours remain until the auction opens up. Start rummaging in the couch, looking under the seat in the car, and digging the coffee cans up out of the back yard. Here are the Final pictures of the bike. Enjoy

2011_RRB_Auction_Bike-2.jpg

The helmet and goggles are included with the bike.
IMG_8620.JPG

Garagegoon donated the '41 CWC frame and several other parts in addition to getting the entire build rolling.
IMG_0828.jpg

Pick took care of the mirror black and ivory powder coating, donated the grips and several small parts.
IMG_0827.jpg

Kingzeeba1 added the Brooks B66 and the goggles.
IMG_0823.jpg

XC204 donated the forks AND extended the steer tube to fit the frame.
Mikesbikes36 built the custom truss rods.
IMG_0831.jpg

Double Nickle made the RRB plate for the front of the bike.
Axsepul took care of the decals for the plate, made the license plate, and there are more decals on the way as well.
IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

Peatbog donated the drag bars
IMG_0832.jpg

450redrider sent the stem and the pedal hardware.
Critter1 let us have the cream pedal blocks and the solid sprocket
Ratfink1962 donated some new bearings for the bottom bracket and head set.
IMG_0829.jpg

LowpowerD supplied us with the stainless spokes
Deorman sent in the tubes
Several members (Sorry, I don't have a list) donated cash towards the Jerald Sulky Slicks
IMG_0824.jpg

65rat donated a red band Bendix Automatic kickback hub
IMG_0821.jpg

I rebuilt the kickback and gave it the custom look, donated the chain, donated and customized the helmet, and assembled the bike.

Thanks again to everyone who helped build this bike. You are what makes this site so great!

If I missed you in the credits, pm me and I will add you to the list.

Thanks again to everyone who helped build this bike. You are what makes this site so great!
+1 Axsepul: Plate looks great! It's been tons of fun being part of this project! Can't wait to see it in Dave's collection! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

pick said:
+1 Axsepul: Plate looks great! It's been tons of fun being part of this project! Can't wait to see it in Dave's collection! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

I am sure there is someone dying to have this that has more flow than I do... Blackfriday / Wife... Need I say more.... :( .. But I will give it my best shot!!!

Less than 5 hours until the fun begins! If this bike doesn't bring in enough cash I will lose all faith in my bike building abilities. I will call the scrappers to haul everything away. I will move to a secluded mountain top and live out the rest of my days weeping over my failure.

OK, maybe not. But do you want to risk it?

Been waiting patiently behind the screen... counting down the min's.... Get it ready for me... Should just let me buy it so I can ride it saturday and sunday at the events.... instead I have to settle on something I already have...

looks like a scratch on the head tube and the bike is really dirty for an acution. just sayin. it does look good and ya all did a very nice job on it. someone is going to get a real great bike.

Outlaw 8)

OUTLAW said:
looks like a scratch on the head tube and the bike is really dirty for an acution. just sayin. it does look good and ya all did a very nice job on it. someone is going to get a real great bike.

Outlaw 8)

That is the reflection .. not a scratch... saw that myself but have looked at bike since then... also.. it is a Flat track style bike... I have seen $30,000 motorcycles get sold that were in dire need of a bath... but they still sold... just saying...

Cameron... You did an awsome job buddy!!! :D

OUTLAW said:

Outlaw 8)

:?: :?: :?: Looked pretty clean when I rode it! Didn't see any scratches either.

OUTLAW said:

Outlaw 8)

The frame is not scratched. Two parts did get scratched up during the build up, The stem bolt and the head set top nut. Both were sent back to pick for re-coating and are on their way back to me now.

Parts are good as new again & on your way via Snail Mail! 8) You should have it by Friday.

The Wichita Coasters are making a strong showing early in the Auction. Four of the first six bids coming from club members. Will they be able to hold off the rest of the pack and keep the bike in Wichita? Only 5 1/2 hours in and the high bid has jumped $100. Keep your eyes on this one!

The mailman brought the last couple things I was waiting on, the parts that pick had to recoat because I scratched them during assembly :oops: and some decals from axsepul. The devil is in the details.

IMAG0543.jpg

IMAG0544.jpg

IMAG0545.jpg

He sent some extras in case I screwed them up so the winner will also get (2) "PEDAL POWER SPEED FORUM" (the same size as on the bike), (2) "PEDAL POWER SPEED FORUM" (twice the size as what is on the bike), (1) "Built not Bought"

The first time I checked the auction, it was already @ $300.00! That was at the top of my budgeted cabbage! Dave: Go buddy! You've been savin your lunch money for quite a while huh? Your wife is gonna be real upset when she finds out you spent the cash for her Christmas present on a bike! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: Decals are Awesome too! 8)

Latest posts

Back