2012 Felt MP

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Not sure if this qualifies as a fresh find, but I just picked it up from the shop for my oldest son for Christmas.

dsc0272ew.jpg

dsc0271dk.jpg

dsc0275ew.jpg

These saddle bags came from my local surplus store. I need to take them to a some guys who do personal flight equipment modification on base and have them sewn in so they fit right.
The rifle scabbard I got from a friend. I don't know if it will stay, but it looks cool for the initial Christmas morning WOW!
dsc0274vn.jpg

I had the LBS change the stock QuickBricks (26x2.1) with these Electra Classic Diamonds (26x2.35) I think the pattern looks more military, and the additional width really fills out the fenders and rims better. That little side bag I also got cheap at my surplus store. I want something that is more useful, but it will work for now. You can also see the bullet shell valve caps I'm using, I got from an RRB member. ;)
dsc0273c.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone!

Looks pretty fresh to me! :mrgreen: That's a nice bike, I'm sure your son will be happy! :D I know when I got my El Guapo I nearly peed myself! :lol:

Nice! I'll have to consider the Electra diamonds for mine. They do look pretty good. The scabbard is cool. You are one generous dad! Does your son have any clue this is what he is getting? I love my MP so much. Occasionally I just stare at it and admire it sitting there in my garage.

Merry Christmas.

Not a clue. He knows about "BLACKJACK" for his brother. And I bought a '69 Sears Spyder to restore. I've been telling him that will be his bike, but I can't start till after Christmas because of Blackjack. (True!) We talked about the MP months ago, but I told him it was way too expensive for us. Disappointment, but the Spyder seemed to sooth it. So... he's clueless. ;)

Oh now that would be the absolute best christmas present ever! And those are some sick tires as well, they complete the bike.

Oh and BTW my wife used the same excuse on me. She told me that the MP was way too expensive and therefore "out of the question". :? Who knew she was such a sneaky gal. :D

Merry Christmas,

Man, I'm 43 and I'd love to get that for Christmas! You gotta let us know his reaction when he gets it!

CRASH said:
Not a clue. He knows about "BLACKJACK" for his brother. And I bought a '69 Sears Spyder to restore. I've been telling him that will be his bike, but I can't start till after Christmas because of Blackjack. (True!) We talked about the MP months ago, but I told him it was way too expensive for us. Disappointment, but the Spyder seemed to sooth it. So... he's clueless. ;)

How are you going to do it? Bike under the tree in the morning with the other two? You could wrap up the saddle bags as a present and then when he opens them and wonders what they're for you can spring the bike on him.

I don't know who's more exited about this, you, your son or everyone here watching the story unfold?

I love those tires! I may have to look into a set of those sometime.

Nice job on the Christmas bikes. You get my vote for the coolest dad award this Christmas.

NicksGarage said:
How are you going to do it?
Nothing elaborate like I had planned. My wife just wants a traditional "bike under the tree" kind of deal. I'll just have to get up before them with the camera ready. He sleeps in. It's the little kids I'm worried about beating.

Latest posts

Back