2013 Felt's & Jamis builds update 4-13

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
So I do some freelance bicycle assembly for my LBS so he can get bikes on the floor for the spring rush. He dropped off some boxes monday evening and i just wrapped them up this evening. Overall the Felt's and Jamis bikes went together very nicely, the Aurora Elite took a while just to get the rack, fenders and other stuff mounted, it came more disassebled than the others and had more packing material due to the fenderset. Second batch should be arriving tomorrow. I'll keep adding to the post as I go along. Anyhow, here's some photos of the last two nights work.

This moment always feels like Christmas, even though the only Christmas bike I ever got was a Huffy Thunderbolt back in the early 80's, that was a good bike right?
springbuilds001_zps0b4f59b0.jpg

First up were the Felt road bikes as they are already sold. Price point is something like $2700. Nice carbon frame and forks with cleared over graphics. I like the straight fork design, but feel all the little graphics and tech spec's all over the frame are a bit overdone..So this is Shimano 105 drivetrain & brakes, Felt branded hubs, straight guage spokes with alloy nips, nice light post and bars (note how they are not as dropped as bars used to be, i guess this is the "new thing"),

springbuilds003_zps6739bc3d.jpg

springbuilds006_zps4f19e278.jpg

springbuilds004_zpsede06622.jpg

Cool upturned chainstay/dropout design, i think they are doing this on the cruisers too
springbuilds005_zps747315e6.jpg

Nice detail in that they line up the tire logo with the valve stem but I prefer the tire pressure info to be here instead..
springbuilds002_zps62a809dd.jpg

Built 3 of them..
FeltFours001_zpsc49c14c3.jpg

Next up was this Jamis Ventura. Aluminum frame and fork, cool curved and formed tubing and decent graphics. $700 price point. Shimano Sora with Tektro brakes (shimano 105 knockoff), nice bars and bar tape and I kind of like the shifters better. Wheelset was noticably heavier, but you get pedals! Again, the straight fork looks good..
springbuilds008_zpsbc8c8ee9.jpg

springbuilds007_zpsab64838c.jpg

Lastly is the Jamis Aurora Elite in Mahogany, kind of a burnt copper color. $1600 price point. Reynolds steel tubing, nice looking front fork, nifty rack that was a pain to assemble, cute fender set, interresting adjustable stem, Avid BB7's front and back, denim looking suede seat, bar-con shifters are cool I like those, Dura Ace looking front tripple crankset is sweet!. This is a nice ride
springbuilds010_zps0e9d58b9.jpg

springbuilds011_zps0c0962d2.jpg

springbuilds009_zpsa302791e.jpg

springbuilds012_zps261511af.jpg

springbuilds013_zps42e18807.jpg

and, wait for it..........built in spare spoke holder!
springbuilds014_zps899deed5.jpg

cute, but where is the adjustable wrench, freewheel removal tool and chain whip holder so you can actually change a spoke?

Re: 2013 Felt's and more..

Here's a sneak peek at tonights work. Jamis Nemesis, formed aluminum frame, FOX Velvet fork, 650B disc wheels W/juice brakes, Sram x9

No sign of any Felt cruisers yet, he said he ordered one but I'm not sure I will get to build it

Re: 2013 Felt's and more..

Jamis Nemsis, alu frame, Sram 2x10 X9 drivetrain..

Jamis Komodo, looks like a dirt jumper to me, massive alu frame. I like the colors

Jamis Dakar sport, kind of entry level components. Maxle 20mm rear "quick release" I dont like so much.

Jamis Dragon, steel frame 29er. 20th anniversary of the dragon aparently

Looking at the box i thought, another road bike...but lo and behold it's a carbon cyclocross with disc!

lots of curves in those stays

Latest posts

Back