2014 Build-off-9 WINNERS LIST

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
2014 Build-off-9 Winners List
[Winners of each award will be added as they are announced in no particular order]

*GOLDEN NANNER (given by kingfish254) : BACK IN 74 by "Tommy" AKA Rat Rod

*20th Place Rusty Duck Award (given by falcondave): Sin Nombre by No Joke

*Best Bars
(given by ifitsfreeitsforme) : AMFer by RaggedJim, Banana Peeler by Tommy Atoms, and SPRUNG by Ichoptop

*Rustiest Award
(given by Momma & Pappa jats): Rustmaster by MrLeghorn

*Best or Most Imaginative Light on a Bike (given by Funkme) : starsNbars by kingfish254

*Best Noise Making Device (given by kingfish254) : iAM Higgins by MazdaFlyer

*Best Noise Making Device part 2 (given by kingfish254) : GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN PART TWO by karfer67

*Most Anticipated Build Thread (given by The Renaissance Man): GEARS OF WAR by Jake Sensi

*Best Doodads (given by Glen) : GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN PART TWO by karfer67

*Best Patina
(given by GuitarlCarl ) : 1941 by Double Nickle

*Lucky 13th (given by IronDio) : 1941 by Double Nickle

*'RatRocBikes Hat' for top three places (given by by Rat Rod) : DRAG KING by The Renaissance Man,
*** Blue Arrow & Minnehaha >>>>> by Funkme,
ENIGMA by fordsnake

*Build off Winner 'paying for my addiction' Award (given by Funkme) : DRAG KING by The Renaissance Man

*'Rat Rod All Stars' stickers for top three places (given by LukeTheJoker) : DRAG KING by The Renaissance Man,
*** Blue Arrow & Minnehaha >>>>> by Funkme,

ENIGMA by fordsnake

Last edited:
Just like with the Olympics, the first medals are awarded on the first day. So I'm going to start by announcing the award for Most Anticipated Build Thread.

There were many build threads that I looked forward to as the three months passed and a few in particular that I waited for! Each one had it's own appeal for various different reasons.

Remarkably, as I thought through my list of front runners, the one that stood out the most was fairly easy to pick.

Never controversial, no condescending opinions, no hedging for votes and no obvious ego to stroke, just someone having fun without being too serious and making it VERY ENTERTAINING! The easy choice for me was GEARS OF WAR!
upe4aqe7.jpg
evu2ezun.jpg

Congratulations Jake!

Last edited:
Just like with the Olympics, the first medals are awarded on the first day. So I'm going to start by announcing the award for Most Anticipated Build Thread.

There were many build threads that I looked forward to as the three months passed and a few in particular that I waited for! Each one had it's own appeal for various different reasons.

Remarkably, as I thought through my list of front runners, the one that stood out the most was fairly easy to pick.

Never controversial, no condescending opinions, no hedging for votes and no obvious ego to stroke, just someone having fun without being too serious and making it VERY ENTERTAINING! The easy choice for me was GEARS OF WAR!

upe4aqe7.jpg

evu2ezun.jpg

Congratulations Jake!
Totally agree, the reaction when he showed up, and even just his first comment on KingFish's build thread, he was an obvious choice!

Luke.

Thanks so much guys!! I'm flattered. Man I love all you guys and I do it all for you and this Kwazy competition. But it's no competition just clean fun. I hope to inspire you as you do me. The ribbing on the page 3 slackers is just to light a fire to some of you. I know that you know it's in jest cuz I love to get ya steamed for finishing ya bikes. I'm glad that you love the figures and the mind tricks. Thanks for showing me the true spirit of Rat Rodding. I applaud you all. Namaste
sa9ydyha.jpg
IF JAKE DOESN'T GET MORE THAN 3 VOTES..YOU'RE FIRED!!

Man...you guys are all too kool! Hats off to a truly terrific bunch of guys!....Congratulations to our winners!..."inspiring"...my thanks to all who have participated and may we all look forward to sharing and continuing our intense passion of bike building.

I was lucky enough to win best patina! Also, I came in lucky 13th place, so I get that funky hat!! Wahoo!

Don't forget you on this list! The winner of the build off!

Wow did I jinx myself. Thanks for all the support guys. I had a blast.So it goes as every year if ya need me look me up and dont forget that I'm always watching this site. I'm glad I had laughs and fun with all of you. Don't forget me on instagram. Take care and live life to the fullest. To you all Namaste- Ya friend Jake. CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS AND ALL WHO PARTICIPATED. THANK YOU RATROD BIKES. NINJA MODE ACTIVATED. PEACE

NINJA MODE ACTIVATED. PEACE
See ya next year Jake! You are welcome to join in the mini builds before then too if you wanted! It would be cool to have your brand of fun involved!

Luke.

Not so fast... You missed Lukes prizes,2 stickers for the top 3.
And 2nd + 3rd rat rod hats.:thumbsup:

Not so fast... You missed Lukes prizes,2 stickers for the top 3.
And 2nd + 3rd rat rod hats.:thumbsup:
Oh wow! Thanks for the reminder Funk! :oops: Need to start some conversations! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Updated! (I think):rolleyes:

I now see how difficult it is to try to track down info and post it in one place. This was a fairly short list and in no order. I can't imagine the difficulties that @outskirtscustoms must have had with Official RRB Build Off 9 Finished Bike List!!! YIKES!:eek:

Thank you again Outskirts! :41::thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back