2015 FELT RED WOLFE CRUISER - FULL REVIEW

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told by Felt's Marketing Director that the Red Wolfe came first and then they made the Nebula version for the European market. I guess it makes sense if the Europeans aren't big American Picker fans.

Of course, if you under the mindset that it's all a part of Felt's evil plan to take over the world by making cruiser bikes that utilize a common frame design and parts set, thus fooling the consumer into thinking they are getting a one off bike, you probably won't believe him. [emoji6]

Last edited:
They took an existing bike, painted it red, and put his name on it.
They do the same thing in other industries as well. Often famous guitarists have a model built close to what they actually use, and that is often a off the shelf job with maybe a custom wiring tweak or paint job. But they also command a higher price, and the owner gets a feeling of connection with the artist. If you don't like Mike then it's just a red bike...
Personally, I think it's pretty cool, it'd be nice to have a bike made as a tribute to me... But peeps probably be saying things like, "It's just a bike painted flat black..."

Carl.

They do the same thing in other industries as well. Often famous guitarists have a model built close to what they actually use, and that is often a off the shelf job with maybe a custom wiring tweak or paint job. But they also command a higher price, and the owner gets a feeling of connection with the artist. If you don't like Mike then it's just a red bike...
Personally, I think it's pretty cool, it'd be nice to have a bike made as a tribute to me... But peeps probably be saying things like, "It's just a bike painted flat black..."

Carl.

Yeah, absolutely, this sort of marketing/branding strategy is used in many industries. I'm not going to go so far as to say it bothers me; i just think it's pretty danged cheezey.

it'd be nice to have a bike made as a tribute to me... But peeps probably be saying things like, "It's just a bike painted flat black..."

Carl.
Flat black with a vial of antifreeze and a plasma ball...

Luke.

new 1909 looks nice too -
I made a few changes to my 1909.
58dbf6812c7181a45463a64b57cf7870.jpg

Maybe I made all the changes to my 1909.

As I have said Felt has a really tough job. We come up with one at a time. They have to create an entire line.

- by Gigmata

Last edited:
I recently acquired one of the Felt Antique Archaeology bicycles.
This one is number 93. Any idea how many were made?
IMG_9370.jpg

Last edited:
I recently acquired one of the Felt Antique Archaeology bicycles.
This one is number 93. Any idea how many were made?

When I was working with the development team at Felt in the Cruiser division a few years ago, they mentioned that they would plan to make a certain amount of a particular bike, but only order about half that many to start off to see how sales would go. If the designed seemed popular they would order more.

On this particular bike it seems like the number 500 comes to mind, but that may have been the full order amount and whether they ever had that many made I couldn't tell you.

Latest posts

Back