21 speed Penny Farthing

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
61F50D86-B27D-4AA8-A9B4-40F380A9A0FE.jpeg
Here are a couple of pics of my homemade 21 speed Penny Farthing. I built this a couple of years back, took it out and road it a couple of times, hit a pothole, went over the bars, broke my arm and a few ribs and destroyed my ego ! When I healed I tore it all apart, painted it and put the appropriate decal on it , reassembled it, road it one more time and retired it to the display room .

Attachments

• 4CC76C7E-4F40-433F-A244-2DF1A6362B66.jpeg
    4CC76C7E-4F40-433F-A244-2DF1A6362B66.jpeg
    488.2 KB · Views: 67
View attachment 159678Here are a couple of pics of my homemade 21 speed Penny Farthing. I built this a couple of years back, took it out and road it a couple of times, hit a pothole, went over the bars, broke my arm and a few ribs and destroyed my ego ! When I healed I tore it all apart, painted it and put the appropriate decal on it , reassembled it, road it one more time and retired it to the display room .
Brilliant design!

Fred

Ouch! You took a header! Cool design and construction except for one obvious flaw. This is why the "safety bicycle" was developed. Ride on!

Oof, but that thing is still awesome!

I heard at an antique bike show that some of the penny guys back in their day would coast with their legs on top of the handlebars so they'd be ready if the bike threw them forward. No idea if that's true, but the handlebars are low enough on those that it sounds reasonable enough.

You are a king among men, sir. But that thing should be free to roam the wild! I'd buy it from you in a heartbeat if you were willing to part with it.

Latest posts

Back