24” Girls Rolumbiafast!!!! (Not Rollfast or Columbia!!!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and.... in case you hadn’t noticed in the background in some of my pic’s, we do a little vegetable garden.

Wifey is killin’ it today!

-she did a triple batch of sweet garden pickles and 2 loaves of zucchini bread!!!

And she’s painting the front deck!!!!

She’s on a tear!!!!!
FA90D46E-1AEB-47B5-BD00-6045E3DC9600.jpeg

I'm not into the high sissy nanner look for the Tornado. It hurts my feelings or something
I know! right?

some dude online did a 24” BMX on this; white frame with purple wheels and white tires.

looks AWESOME!!!

I thought I’d like the big tall sissy bar and apes on that thing, but like you, for me the look just isn’t doing it on that bike!

I’m thinking someone’s going to be like: “here’s what you need to do”. -sort of like what you told me to do to that AMF discoverer.

and I WILL get to that AMF….. the idea you had of making that thing basically a gravel bike was awesome…..

I'm not into the high sissy nanner look for the Tornado. It hurts my feelings or something
Bad news Matti!

l’ve just had it with this Schwinn!!!

I LOVE the frame, but have no idea what to do with it.

Ive had it on FB market place and Craigslist for two months and I basically can’t GIVE the thing away!!!

After the RRBO, I’m building this fugly double straight bar into a hacked muscle bike!!!

Schwinn purists will barf, BUT, I tried to sell it for two months and couldn’t even get a call on it… if it was that important to Schwinn purists, they could have bought it!:envy:

chop-chop, spray-spray!

-If I didn’t pay the guy I got off, he was taking it to the scrap yard!

this is going to be quite the build.

Bad news Matti!

l’ve just had it with this Schwinn!!!

I LOVE the frame, but have no idea what to do with it.

Ive had it on FB market place and Craigslist for two months and I basically can’t GIVE the thing away!!!

After the RRBO, I’m building this fugly double straight bar into a hacked muscle bike!!!

Schwinn purists will barf, BUT, I tried to sell it for two months and couldn’t even get a call on it… if it was that important to Schwinn purists, they could have bought it!:envy:

chop-chop, spray-spray!

-If I didn’t pay the guy I got off, he was taking it to the scrap yard!

this is going to be quite the build.
Did you post it for sale on here or the C.A.B.E.? I sometimes have better luck selling bike stuff on a bike-related site.

Did you post it for sale on here or the C.A.B.E.? I sometimes have better luck selling bike stuff on a bike-related site.
I actually haven’t spent much time on there.

seems like a lot more talk and a lot less building.

tons of reference stuff, that I have used, But the bulk of my time is spent on here.

tons of reference stuff, that I have used, But the bulk of my time is spent on here.
I hear ya. There is a lot of building in the "Project Bikes" section, though.
Plus, there's a lot more folks buying and selling bikes there. No shortage of traffic in the classified section.

I know the 24” hurts it, BUT, I thought this style frame was only made for like a year or something…..

I thought that would give it some swag….

but I was wrong……. Lol

I know the 24” hurts it, BUT, I thought this style frame was only made for like a year or something…..

I thought that would give it some swag….

but I was wrong……. Lol
Yeah, the 24" doesn't help much, but you're right; the frame was only made for a couple years at most.

Maybe just post it on here and there and see what happens for the next couple weeks. You might be surprised. Or you might be right. Who knows? Heck, I just sold a bunch of car magazines today after having the ad up for months. All you need is one buyer.

Still, that all being said, it's your bike, your choice.

Yeah, the 24" doesn't help much, but you're right; the frame was only made for a couple years at most.

Maybe just post it on here and there and see what happens for the next couple weeks. You might be surprised. Or you might be right. Who knows? Heck, I just sold a bunch of car magazines today after having the ad up for months. All you need is one buyer.

Still, that all being said, it's your bike, your choice.
Thanks!

I’m trying to avoid shipping if at all possible: I don’t have a good process for packing and shipping.

My chops won’t be that crazy: hack that trashed back fender, swap out the fork.

I‘ll keep it as close to original form in the case someone ever wants to restore it right.

Thanks!

I’m trying to avoid shipping if at all possible: I don’t have a good process for packing and shipping.

My chops won’t be that crazy: hack that trashed back fender, swap out the fork.

I‘ll keep it as close to original form in the case someone ever wants to restore it right.
I really love the bike and want to build it…. Maybe when I’m done we can strike a deal!
Yeah, shipping's a pain, especially for complete bikes. I try to avoid it if I can.

Okay, I'm not much of a Schwinn purist myself (my current RRBBO entry is a subtle example of that,) but I was a little concerned you were going to chop the frame. Bobbed fenders and swapped forks are all good in my books. I'm kind of the same way on my bikes; I don't want to chop the frames, but all the parts that bolt to it are fair game.

I'd say go for it! I think it'd be a neat bike to turn into a muscle bike.

Yes, 'here',

...where we fear not the consequences of saws and grinders,
...or the placing of welds where they appeared not in any factory,
...or sanding and stripping,
...or the number or placing of rivets that could be counted.

Latest posts

Back