24-inch Sears

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving this build. Mongoose bmx had a dual cable on completes, I have one of them somewhere in the stash.

I have a stack of suntour spoke guards, new from an old bike ship if anyone needs one.

I made this one from a drain screen for a build.
20160910_124233.jpg
20160910_122619.jpg

Can you shifter cable route down the lower top tube and still loop the the derailleur ? Clean routing that will prevent it getting snagged up

Loving this build. Mongoose bmx had a dual cable on completes, I have one of them somewhere in the stash.

I have a stack of suntour spoke guards, new from an old bike ship if anyone needs one.

I made this one from a drain screen for a build. View attachment 185342View attachment 185341

Can you shifter cable route down the lower top tube and still loop the the derailleur ? Clean routing that will prevent it getting snagged up

That spoke protector is BRILLIANT. Might try that sometime; I think I have one of those drain screens around.

I have stared at that shifter cable countless times trying to figure out a good way to route/secure it. Somehow the middle set of tubes never occurred to me. Will be exploring that option soon.

Looks awesome! I just picked one of these up myself. I’m loving the look of the wider rear tire. Did it fit without modifying the frame?

Yep. I like these frames. I've a 26" stashed for some time. Yours looks right and that to me makes a good build. If you're not doing some kinda extreme or a total restoration, then it's just gotta look "right". You know what I mean? Clean lines, stance is correct, nothing out of scale and you've got the parts a muscle bike should have, a shifter, a sissy and clean cabling. Yep, this one is good.

C.

Looks awesome! I just picked one of these up myself. I’m loving the look of the wider rear tire. Did it fit without modifying the frame?
2.125 rear tire fits just fine, no modifications.
20220212_165509.jpg

However, from what I understand these originally came with a 1.75 rear tire and a chrome fender, and a 2.125 might not fit under that fender.

Yep. I like these frames. I've a 26" stashed for some time. Yours looks right and that to me makes a good build. If you're not doing some kinda extreme or a total restoration, then it's just gotta look "right". You know what I mean? Clean lines, stance is correct, nothing out of scale and you've got the parts a muscle bike should have, a shifter, a sissy and clean cabling. Yep, this one is good.

C.

Thank you! I don't have the paint skills for restorations, nor the fab skills for wild customs, so I generally stick with mechanical refurbishing and making it as nice as possible to ride. That philosophy has served me well for a few years now.

2.125 rear tire fits just fine, no modifications.
View attachment 185735

However, from what I understand these originally came with a 1.75 rear tire and a chrome fender, and a 2.125 might not fit under that fender.

Thank you! I don't have the paint skills for restorations, nor the fab skills for wild customs, so I generally stick with mechanical refurbishing and making it as nice as possible to ride. That philosophy has served me well for a few years now.
That’s right. There’s actually what appears to be a decent amount of room under there. Not all 2.125” tires are created equally. Some run wider and taller, others run shorter and narrower. I might also be able to cheat it back and go with a longer chain if needed. I’ll really like to be able to stuff a 2.125 under that fender on mine.

These 24 x 1.75’s seem unusually narrower than most as well.
6BDF059E-C247-4C9D-A190-6A8C902A1160.jpeg
754ED0B6-5E4D-4D4A-A404-1290149302C0.jpeg

Looks killer! Glad you went with the double levers. That's the way we had these back in the day. My Sears Screamer 2 had the duble brakes like that too.

Latest posts

Back