26" banana seats

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Show me your 26" bikes with banana seats
IMG_7296.JPG

I've had a lot of 26" banana seat bikes. I built this for my wife awhile ago, she hated it. That old aluminum frame had to much flex for her, so it was stripped and the frame sold.
007-2.jpg

We were spending a few weeks at the beach, and I needed a bike to get around, and not be afraid to leave outside. I took an old frame and some of the parts from my wifes' bike. It was about a 5 minute build, I did this the night before we left. The perfect bike for the beach. Sweet and simple....Probably my all time favorite bike (24" wheel in front).

This bike later became the bike Rats Alt. Steve's pick for the cover of the 2012 RRB calendar.
001-24.jpg

232323232fp536_9_nu322_259_293_WSNR.jpg

Last edited:
Mine Lowrider built Dyno Roadster replica had banana for a long time, i'm a tall guy :)
The only flaw that made me change it to regular saddle and extended seat-post was the absence of suspension, that was absolutely alright in the city, but after any cruise 70+km long it delivered some pain for sure :) Once i've done 400km in 4 days, 160km first day, i've felt like i'd have couple new holes in my ....
b2bd78f010102c91efa50ee2e172bb03.jpg

a009f5c22cfd6eb8a9105828f16d9b82.jpg

I bought this Firestone Speed Cruiser from an RRB member (CeeBee) with the intention of doing pretty much nothing to it. I haven't changed a thing since...however, I have a box for the parts I've been accumulating for it :confused:. Leave as is? I don't know why I believe me when I tell myself such blatant lies :crazy:!

speed%20cruiser_zpsagd2atgn.jpg

Jason

Latest posts

Back