• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

26" coaster brake wheel set

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm looking.for a set of 26" rims. I have Stuff to trade or can buy. Thanks in advance

Mark

Chrome steel, painted or aluminum?
I have a set of chrome wheels for a cruiser style bike.

Let me check a shipping price and i will do the best i can on them.
I will do so tomorrow.
Rob

I will message you this afternoon with photos and a price shipped to you.
Can you give me your city, state and zip code to help facilitate this?
Thanks, Rob

I've also got nice steel Arayas that are heavy duty with bendix Mexico

Attachments

• CoasterBrakeWheels.jpg
    CoasterBrakeWheels.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 28
  • BendixRedban.jpg
    BendixRedban.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 30
  • SealedHubWheel.jpg
    SealedHubWheel.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 25
Hey man, I didnt forget you. I am trying to finish assembling a Toro Z Master 52" mower before the grass gets too tall to find it. Then we got hit with hail and 60 mph winds for an hour or so.
I will get them in the morning man and take photos and weigh them. I think they are older rims, heavier than most of whats out there, decent flat sides and good enough for Balloon tires if thats your plan.
Are you using the Araya rims, or trading or selling them?
Thanks, Rob

I just realized you are the same guy looking for the ACS hub. I did get photos of it because it was with my project bike for the Build Off. I am taking the hub off and replacing it with a 36 hole Sturmey Archer front drum brake hub to build a 20" lightweight drum brake wheel.
Do you only need a rear hub? I believe I have a front and maybe even a 1974 like this one
20220430_203910.jpg

20220430_203927.jpg
20220430_203948.jpg
20220430_203934.jpg

Man, do i feel like an idiot!
I dug out the rims this morning to get photos and felt something was off. So I checked the wheels out with a balloon tire.

They are S-7 Schwinn rims with a mid 1960s Bendix non red band hub. I may have another set at my storage and I will go in to look either today or probably tomorrow when I drive in to town to get a bolt or 3 at Fastenal. (15 miles one way at $4.20/gallon).

I am sure I have a set, just not these unless you like S-7 rims. Gotta love Schwinn for trying to corner a market. I don't think it was all about selling the tires, I think Schwinn wanted to make sure that if you wanted a middleweight bike you couldn't just put 1.75 tires on your old one.

If you're just looking for rims, I have a set of NOS Sun Levanters, Made in the USA and a set of Sun steel rims. Neither are laced and like I said, the Levanters are NOS. And of course I have the set I showed in the pictures and a nice set of Araya steel wheels.

Hey man sorry it took a bit to get back. I got the ACS hublnlaced yesterday and can send a couple more photos later today if you need them.
I haven't planned to build any 26ers for a while, right now I have a Pig Bike, an Apple Krate and a 1966 Fastback to finish. Maybe could do something with the old Araya rims someday, maybe build a 1st gen straight bar Klunker Mountain Bike. Who knows?
I am going to town tomorrow for an ignition switch, I should be able to look for the other rims if you still need some. Are you looking for anything in particular, or chrome balloon coaster rims in general?
Rob

Hey man sorry it took a bit to get back. I got the ACS hublnlaced yesterday and can send a couple more photos later today if you need them.
I haven't planned to build any 26ers for a while, right now I have a Pig Bike, an Apple Krate and a 1966 Fastback to finish. Maybe could do something with the old Araya rims someday, maybe build a 1st gen straight bar Klunker Mountain Bike. Who knows?
I am going to town tomorrow for an ignition switch, I should be able to look for the other rims if you still need some. Are you looking for anything in particular, or chrome balloon coaster rims in general?
Rob
I remain very interested in the ACS hub. Please send more pics & a price ASAP. What is the spacing? I assume it's 36h, correct?

I will measure it tomorrow, yes it is 36 hole and in really nice condition.
By spacing, do you want the width between spoke flanges or the threaded part included?

I apologize, I am not getting my notifications for some reason.

Got it man. Get it to you tomorrow.

Hey man, I didnt forget you. I am trying to finish assembling a Toro Z Master 52" mower before the grass gets too tall to find it. Then we got hit with hail and 60 mph winds for an hour or so.
I will get them in the morning man and take photos and weigh them. I think they are older rims, heavier than most of whats out there, decent flat sides and good enough for Balloon tires if thats your plan.
Are you using the Araya rims, or trading or selling them?
Thanks, Rob
I just noticed you mentioned the steel arayas. Right now, the Arayas are just hanging in the garage. I don't have a plan to use them at this time. I'm willing to sell them or possibly trade them, but I'd have to get something really sweet to trade them. I'm planning to sell a bunch of my old school stuff to raise a little money to help my 15-year-old daughter buy a car.

Latest posts

Back