2ND ANNUAL RRB AUCTION BIKE - We need YOUR ideas!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats one of them Cranbrook forks it looks like... I have found the 3 inch tire works great in them....

I will TRY to get pics tomorrow :roll: Big blizzard here so I don't know if I can make it to the shed :|

garagegoon said:
:shock: 8)

But... Do tell us more!

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I will TRY to get pics tomorrow :roll: Big blizzard here so I don't know if I can make it to the shed :|

That's okay Schinnray69. We've still a few months left before completion... :wink:
Just don't get yourself a cold. It'd be terrible if you'll have to start the new year sick...

Cheers,
Jeffrey

001.jpg

This is the frame I will be using for the build... Late 60's girls Western Flyer that has gone under the knife for a gender change...

Markm said:
socal_jack said:
herr_rudolf said:
@ Social Jack
That is cool man... I like that frame. Perfectly fit the discription of The Auction Rat so we'll definately keep you in mind. We're not set on any frame yet. The one which gonna end up as our platform will be the one most suitable. What kind of frame is it? 26"? 24"? I don't know why but I prefer 26". Anything smaller I considder a kidsbike. I'd never think of building a 24" bike for myself. But than again, I won't have to ride the bike and I've seen so many cool examples of 24" inchers.
What do you guys think?

The Rustrocket was a 26" frame with 24" wheels...

herr_rudolf,

It's a 26" frame but 24X3s are tight at most 1/4" with the axle all the way back in the dropout. It could be spread easily for a looser fit I think. Some more pics mocked up with 24X3s, a real 24" bike is very cramped for an adult, this one has a top tube length of 22". The only peculiarity is the fame was notched on the chainstay to fit a 52T sprocket.
what fork is that? Does the 3" fit OK??

It's an Electra replacement fork, fits 3" no problem.

how bout an Airstream/Art Deco Boardtracker Saltflatracer Caferacer Muscle/Dragbike built by ed roth style :mrgreen: oh and thatd need a t-shirt

garagegoon said:
This is the frame I will be using for the build... Late 60's girls Western Flyer that has gone under the knife for a gender change...

Ah cool. Another frame to add to the list of possibities! 8) I love the custom work. Nice transformation! I can see that our futurebuild will be in good hands. But are you really sure you want to add your frame to the list? It's simillar (stylewise) to the black Higgins... Bare in mind that a big part of the costs the loose ends will generate eventually comes to the builders... Hope not, but looking back at The Rustrocket all the nuts 'n' bolts', washers, bearings, paint(!) and what-not were donated by the builders(' grandfather) ;-) We don't want you to do all the hard work AND donating main parts of the build...

Just a thought. Definately something to considder...

masterpoop63 said:
how bout an Airstream/Art Deco Boardtracker Saltflatracer Caferacer Muscle/Dragbike built by ed roth style :mrgreen: oh and thatd need a t-shirt

Haha, now that's a thought...
Combining styles is a lot of fun, although I don't think the luxurity (is that a word?) of the ArtDeco/Airstream style can be combined with the over the top carnivalstyle Ed Roth would've brought to the build...

SO..
This I could see happening though:
- "how bout an Airstream/Art Deco Boardtracker Saltflatracer Caferacer Muscle/Dragbike"
but also this:
- "how bout a Boardtracker Saltflatracer Caferacer Muscle/Dragbike built by ed roth style"

---

Somehow I wish more people would've come up with more, different ideas...
Still: Plenty of time! :D

I think we should wait and do a t-shirt build just like the Rust Rocket Deluxe was :wink:

herr_rudolf said:
@ Garagegoon.
If we eventually end up using your frame for the build be shure to take pics of the build-process!!! And ofcourse 'before'-pics. I hope you got some of those... In the end a complete history of the bike is preferred. It'll just add vallue...
8)
yeah dont delete em and the have jeffery want em ....DUUHHHHH im still PO ed about that

i really dig all the input and ideas we have going on already ...i think musclebike/ed roth style would be great ...kinda freaky like lookin not ur normal muscle bike ...
but in the end i guess we have 2 wait and see what jeffery comes up with on a t-shirt ...LOL im sure it will b good whatever it is !!

Yep i agree t shirt first....Im getting one this time...and one of the RRD's if he does another run of them. But like any concept you have to have the art design something physical to give you the direction so that it keeps you pointed in that direction. Like a weather vane you always know where the winds coming from. With the art you always know what you need to do and where your going. If not it would be like a dog chasing its own tail....around and around and never getting anywhere.
Kinda like this paragraph I wrote I should have just stopped at T Shirt First.....oh well
Terry

Haha guys guys!
What makes you think there'll be a new t-shirt anytime soon? That is something we'll just have to leave up to the powers that be. However, picking out the bike from a possible new RRB shirt is a very smart thing to do. Bikes on the shirt will be true to the site therefor, the auctionbike will be true to the site. And because of the shirt you'll have that direct link to the site, creating a desirable object to auction off.

'Problem' is, we'll have to wait for the new shirt...

But that's not a bad thing. Not bad at all...
For now it's a good thing to generate a lot of ideas, and keep on not being set on anything. This is a community effort. By the community, for the community. (Remember our planning in post 1 or 2. We have LOTS of time.)

@ mikesbikes.
Haha, that was a funny story. In the end it worked out pretty good, even without your constructionpics. Me writing up the whole story you sent me created a beautiful page. One of my favorites. Ofcourse DoubleNickle/Dr. Tankensteins' awesome pic of that rack helped too...
:wink:

herr_rudolf said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:

That's okay Schinnray69. We've still a few months left before completion... :wink:
Just don't get yourself a cold. It'd be terrible if you'll have to start the new year sick...

Cheers,
Jeffrey

Look at me, telling you to be carefull going outside during bad weather... Seems I got some sort of terrible flu since yesterday, probably caught at a party last weekend. Almost 70% of my friends are laying sick in bed...

If the auction build 2.0 bike is to have a motorcycle theme, why not include a sidecar?
Just a thought.............

matco said:
If the auction build 2.0 bike is to have a motorcycle theme, why not include a sidecar?
i agree 8)

masterpoop63 said:
matco said:
i agree 8)
Shipping should only be about $300-400.

KOTA said:
masterpoop63 said:
matco said:
i agree 8)
Shipping should only be about $300-400.

I agree :wink:

Personally I don't think a sidecar will help bring more money into the auction. Au contraire...
In the end, there'll be more people looking for 'just a bike' than people looking for 'some sidecar-concoction'.

Also, I seldom saw a sidecar (or any three wheeled bicycle) that looked really good. Although there are definately some good examples on this forum that fit right in here, I don't think that a three wheeled bike is the best way to 'describe what this site is all about'.

Keep it simple but unique, and keep it true to the site.
Let's just build a hotrod :D 8)

Resurrecting this thread. If whoever is doing the build wants my Ross frame, I'll mail it before the post office goes out of business, or jacks up postage.

Latest posts

Back