3/8 slotted front axle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered a new wheelset for my schwinn when they finally came I started installing them right away just to find the front axle would not fit it was 3/8 and schwinn middleweight forks are designed to run 5/16 axles I thought to myself these wheels are going on this bike wether they like it or not now I just had to figure it out I found a slotted 3/8 axle online it didn't work due to thread pitch 24 tpi old school bmx thread I was quite discouraged until I found one on porkchop bmx 3/8 26 tpi and it worked they are chromoly and run only $8 cheap solution for a big problem just wanted to put it out there for anyone that runs into the same issue I did

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nicely done... a lot of folks file the axles flat on 2 sides themselves, but I'm with you: $8 is cheap and chromoly is good. :grin:

I did file the one that came with the wheel I wasn't happy with how it turned out it fit but at the same time I like to ride fast there are huge hill where I live that I probably brake 50 mph and I don't really want to chance my front wheel coming off going that fast

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
b15f50ac4d3f94b65548a31de0593986.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk