30s Western?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to pick this up this eve. Hoping it isnt roached too badly. Does anyone have a clue what I’m purchasing?
D84F5A56-F469-41DC-A68A-6C818DFAFC02.jpg
332B5AD7-C9E2-4B58-9BE1-C6F0286D88E8.jpeg
3C275362-39C9-46E5-A2BD-C3701D853A90.jpeg

1950s Western Flyer X-53 with wrong chainguard.
Great score to build from.

Well I picked it up from the guy. He described it as light patina. MUWAHAHAHAHA. first thing I noticed was the rear triangle moved over about 3 inches. I suspected seat post was stuck…as it was and or …is. Fork steering tube nut frozen. had to cut just about every bolt on frame to get it removed. Soaking all the major connections over night and the. Some more tomorrow. Then some heat. The good news is, I saved the frame. I was able to muscle it back into position. Close enough to run some strings on it now. Lots of work ahead on this one.

Well I picked it up from the guy. He described it as light patina. MUWAHAHAHAHA. first thing I noticed was the rear triangle moved over about 3 inches. I suspected seat post was stuck…as it was and or …is. Fork steering tube nut frozen. had to cut just about every bolt on frame to get it removed. Soaking all the major connections over night and the. Some more tomorrow. Then some heat. The good news is, I saved the frame. I was able to muscle it back into position. Close enough to run some strings on it now. Lots of work ahead on this one.
download.jpeg

Latest posts

Back