'35 silverking ... kinda

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have to start off by saying while viewing all the builds on this site, I am in the presence of greatness. The talent and vision exampled in this build off #6 is incredible. Never have I seen so much style on two wheels. The concepts and craftsmanship in building the bikes here is amazing. I could list all the great builds but heck you all are viewing the same bikes I am so you all know. Mine was more of an assembly than a build but even on an assembly all parts needed to be prepared prior to the build. I enjoyed getting this just right. Clean, simple and comfortable to ride. Probably will be my daily rider for years to come.

Polishing sure took some time
IMG2511-L.jpg

bolt-clark-L.jpg

never thought a spray can paint job could come out so well
12-XL.jpg

8-XL.jpg

yes the 26" tires will fit this 24" frame, after adding a spacer between the fork and axle. I have no idea how "imagearchy" is going to fit those "thick bricks" in his fork
4-XL.jpg

2-XL.jpg

that new sturmey archer kickback 2-speed works like a dream
IMG5521-XL.jpg

10-XL.jpg

and now it's finally done
IMG5524-XL.jpg

short video for your viewing pleasure
http://mox90291.smugmug.com/Other/bike/17563133_stx3mB#1406895389_88FXmtD-A-LB

She cleaned up nicely, you polished the heck out of it , looks like chrome, great bike , I went through the build I will be using your bolt polishing technique

Oh My! This is just so fantastic. What a great looking bike. You have taken this to a whole 'nuther level. WOW!

Nice attention to detail! Good to hear nice things about the hub, it's on my wish list.

Nice video... how many takes did you do on the audio? Your voice, I think in the end you should've said "We'll leave the lights on for ya."

socratesjpt said:
weekend-fun said:
No WAY thats a rattle-can job :lol: Great job!
I would love to find the rattle can that produces that shine

Yep, spray can. but ya gotta strip it to the metal, prime, sand, prime, sand, prime, sand then even more coats of color, 600 grit between coats.
finished with a few more coats of clear, sanding with 2000 then it's time for the waxing
paint-XL.jpg

Oh, and the audio on the video, I got lucky, one shot . but, you're right ending is weak.
thanks to all for your kind words

Hey Kingrider,

Fantastic Bike!!
The frame is incredible 8) 8)
I never knew aluminum could look that good.
The matching color scheme really works with it.

Nice Job!

Sweet Sick and SLick.
The pollishingjob is amazing, especially on the bolts 8)
Well done!

Ofcourse you can make a spraycanjob look good. There's no reason why you can't get a professional finish with a spraycan. Just don't use garbage and prepare your stuff as if it were professional paint equipement. When you're done spraying carefully pollish the paint when absolutely dry and you'll get a surface as smooth as glass.

that thing shines like a brand new dime! i appreciate the elbow grease!

8)

Sweet shiny sexiness!

Latest posts

Back