36 hole Bendix 76 Coaster Break Hub

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I found a old rusty back wheel and desided to take it apart and check out the hub.... :? I found out that I had a Bendix 76 hub, First Bendix hub to be made in Mexico...I stripped it, cleaned and re-greased it, and shined it up. Im not sure if a have anything worth while but im going to hold on to it and see what project it might slip up in...(Build Off 5) :wink:
100_3065.jpg

100_3063.jpg

100_3064.jpg

100_3070.jpg

100_3071.jpg

100_3073.jpg

I'm in need of this hub and an S2 rim. Any chance you are interested in selling it?

I recently picked up my childhood 1982 Schwinn Criuser from my parents house to restore it but found out that he somehow misplaced or threw away the rear wheel.....argh!!!

So, I am in search of the components for an original rear wheel.

Please let me know if you might be interested in selling it, that is, if you have not found a use for it yet.... :D

Thanks,
Brian

Heelloooo NEWMAN! :lol: You need one for .105 Ga. spokes (remember to ask!) I just replied to your post on the Schwinn forums. Also, try maple Island sales for that S-2 hoop, they may still have some re-pops! If this hub is not for sale, I just happen to know where there is one for sale. Just PM me :wink:

I've rebuilt two of these hubs and the heat treating on the cones was non-existant. Read Gerry's thread "They don't make them like they used to" on this forum. Same deal. Hardly a new headline: "Third world country makes junk bike parts". If it was mine I'd throw that 76 in the garbage and find a red line Bendix RB2 made in Elmira NY. You'll never make a silk purse from a sow's ear. Gary

Latest posts

Back