• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

3G Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got this cool looking 3G trike I'd like to offload so I can work on some other stuff. I'm going to throw it out here, though I kind of doubt that this is anyone's cup of tea as it is.

I'll say, I've got $700 in it, including the brand spanking new SLA batteries. I'd like to get $700 out of it.

However, I put a price on it so as to comply with the rule that nothing goes up for sale as "make offer."

I don't have to sell it all in one piece, eh? There are parts I can use if somebody wants part of it.
3g trike front right reduced.jpg
IMG_0003.JPG

Trike without batteries, $500

Trike without front wheel, fork, or batteries, $300

The frame is two pieces - aluminum front section (silver part) and steel trike axle assembly (black rear end part.) Maybe somebody only wants the front half or the back half?

Anybody see some other way they'd like to suggest parting this out?

For now, I'll say local pickup in the Cape Coral/Fort Myers area, possible shipping negotiable.

This has an older Ebikekits gear reduction front motor, twist throttle, all functioning but this model came with no control panel of any kind. It's a 48 volt system with sealed lead acid batteries and appropriate charger, however, the system can easily be changed over to some lithium variant - just plug it in, but you'll need a different charger with lithium batteries, and they are pricey.

This thing takes me about 23-25 mph. I have not tested range. I believe Ebikekits says it should get 10 or 15 miles to a charge - it would be best to do that research yourself than take my word.

In response to a private message question I thought I'd add here:

Front wheel is 20 inch, unlike current model on 3G website which shows a 24 inch front wheel.

Fork is obviously aftermarket, no original parts available. It is one of the adjustable triple trees that can be shortened if you add a larger wheel or don't like this much extended fork.

However, if shortened with 20 inch wheel there will be low pedal to ground clearance.

I purchased this from the widow of the original owner. It had been in storage since late 2012, at least this is what I was told. She had no idea what he did to the bike or parts.

I believe this model was only released in 2012, I can't find much info on it. If so, prior owner died a few months after buying it and it's been in storage ever since. This is just my GUESS,not known info.

If anyone has better info on this model, please do feel free to post it. I do not wish to give anyone incorrect info. I welcome anyone to correct anything I've said here, no offense taken, and no complaints of spoiling a deal. I'd like any buyer to be well informed. Feel free to discuss pros and cons openly on this bike as known.

Latest posts

Back