"43" The Richard Petty Plymouth tribute

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying that I had a super fun time building this bike, as I do with all my bikes.
For me it Isn't about winning but the element of "competition", the deadline and compliments made this build special.
I really enjoyed all the other builds too, allthough I didn't comment on all of them.
I hope you had fun watching mine, as you might like these pictures here from the finished bike.
I had a good spin on it today, going to amsterdam (FBI/COTY(there's e few pic's in the events thread)), and doing the photoshoot, it even had me almost breathless at times, it rides nice and fast!! Shifting on the rear derailler could be better, but its a well used cassette thats on there(that will be one of the first things I might change in the future).

For now enjoy and thanks!!

Before :roll:
100_2595.jpg

AFTER!!!!! 8)
05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Since the original bike didn't have a front derailler and all other cables had nice brazed-on kabel guides,
I didn't want to use tie-wraps or something like that, so it went through the left cantilever,
it comes out just beneath the seat behind the panel.
09.jpg

Again that front derailler, it didn't have the part that stops the outher cable so again I improvised using a piece frome a brake.
To keep the shifter cable from making a to thight bend it curls all arround behind the panel and has a clip/guide just after the "bicycles are everywhere" sticker, behind the panel.
10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

last.jpg

Hey Badmuller,

Your bike looks so fast! 8)
The big tires must make it ride smooth.
The bars and fork are great together
Nice job on the color scheme and Body work!!
Nice detailing!!

Congrats

Like I said in your build thread. "Best TRIBUTE bike I've seen"..The KING should see this!

That's SWEET 8) Being a fan of The King makes me want this bike even more :mrgreen:

WOW!!!! You nailed it! the bike looks awesome, congrats! i hope Mr. Petty gets to see it!

Killer. That's all I can say.

Love the engineering, the hidden cables, the red lines everywhere.

Great theme, great execution, great bike!

--Rob

You did a great job, pulled off what I originally didn't think could be done. You have proven me wrong sir (not a hard feat, but I"ll still give it to you.)

now thats a beautiful tribute bike! :D the frame panels really set it off,and the redline tires were the perfect choice. now you just need a pit crew! :wink:

A suitable tribute very well executed, and it's a great looking bike.

Great job!! Man I had that 43 afx car always on the track. Much respect. Peace

The bike came out pretty awesome!
Can't believe that no-one has done a Petty-tribute before. And it's just zo ehrrrr voor-de-hand-liggend for Americans :wink: (Not done to my knowledge at least...) So, very original and wel executed. you must have had many compliments while riding it in Amsterdam.
Cheers!

Thank's again everybody for the nice words.
Amsterdam was cool, yes didn't stay very long though.

I just had to add this;
pettyshots002.jpg

And i'm riding this thing HARD!!!! Before I was thinking about selling it but it rides so fine and fast, Now I think its a keeper.
Not really a cruiser, but you could.
pettyshots001.jpg

Latest posts

Back