50 something Western Flyer x53 custom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a little digging
IMG_20180330_173210.jpg
ZN6dnT3uhMqID5vH.qKedw.jpg
60885427_6_x.jpg

The last one is so perfect, I'll provide the link, lots of pics
https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/60885427_1953-western-flyer-x-53-bicycle

@Palepainter , how long did you leave your rusty chrome parts in the acid bath? Just put my springer fork in mine.

I need to rethink these front axle rockers no other way they can be assembled and function, I believe, unless I am missing the painfully obvious. How narrow were these hubs on the X53? I ordered bronze bushings and different hardware. May send a file out to get plasma cut and make my own that will give me room for the Arayas. Messing with position of seat, but won’t have a real feel of it until I get it on two wheels . I may get the gender bender Goodyear done first.
View attachment 161013View attachment 161014View attachment 161015View attachment 161016

Here is a pic of my x53 springer from Western Sizzler.

1623547101504.png

I still have one of those big hair-pin saddles. Tried it on a couple builds. They are just so big and dominating. Maybe a 32" wheeled bike with huge tires wouldn't look like it was being pinned down (pun intended) by that saddle! They ride great! They just dominate the look.

Yea. Just a bit too much. Working on the fabrication of the modified banana seat now. I have a smaller brooks I may try out.

Yea. Just a bit too much. Working on the fabrication of the modified banana seat now. I have a smaller brooks I may try out.
Liking that bare nanner on there. A little different but in a cool way. I've also been looking for one of those tanks also. Either find the roached or the owner is way to proud of them. Lookin good so far.

Latest posts

Back