51 CwC custom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great. :cool2:

I need to make friends with a powder coater.
I know it's a good thing or I would be going old school with a rattle can . You know that's saying- its not always what you know it's who you know ! I know some good people I'm blessed .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice:thumbsup: Sounds like you're using Prismatic Powders, Ive used their Rootbeer Metallic and Misty Rootbeer on a pair of bikes before. One of my favorite colors for sure:grin: The Illusion colors are awesome, I cant wait to see how it all turns out.:thumbsup:

Nice:thumbsup: Sounds like you're using Prismatic Powders, Ive used their Rootbeer Metallic and Misty Rootbeer on a pair of bikes before. One of my favorite colors for sure:grin: The Illusion colors are awesome, I cant wait to see how it all turns out.:thumbsup:
Yes its prismatic powder illusion root beer with clear vision. They make so many colors & two part transparents it's crazy

Did you get this beast assembled yet?

Did you get this beast assembled yet?
No I'm starring to wounded what is going on I haven't even got the frame & fork back yet for my painter . He knows I have a dead line, but is not in to big of a hurry . Thankfully I have the rest of the parts sitting on standby ( I hope ) . He sent me a picture of the frame Monday it looks done but have yet to see it in my hands [emoji30]
ca5f7daab6a31a1f5a70dddbda879cdb.jpg

No I'm starring to wounded what is going on I haven't even got the frame & fork back yet for my painter . He knows I have a dead line, but is not in to big of a hurry . Thankfully I have the rest of the parts sitting on standby ( I hope ) . He sent me a picture of the frame Monday it looks done but have yet to see it in my hands [emoji30]
ca5f7daab6a31a1f5a70dddbda879cdb.jpg

Very nice!

Looks sweet!
Fingers crossed that wasn't the photo he took just before he dropped it. :p

Looks sweet!
Fingers crossed that wasn't the photo he took just before he dropped it. :p
Ya I know trust me I've thought of that too or some crack head who works there stole it [emoji53]

I got my fork back from my friends powders shop for the second time final , & hope to see the frame today , I hope . It's been a bit of a nightmare for him . Last I new the frame was painted as you can see in last post . Then he wouldn't answer my call for a week as I sat and wondering what's going on !!!!! I guess he got sick of me texting him . He said when he clear coated the frame & baked it flat tank fish eyes ( blistered) so he had to strip the tank mask the rest it the frame & redo it .... Just my luck & he got the wort end of it ! Any way hear it is
afb902424076fd1aa18c3dbce2441ac0.jpg

I pressed the springs in the vice to fit them & put some padded tape on the vice so they would scratch
abe535fad9dcde7304c0976ed16677a1.jpg
44fc6e48ad209c725bdd6ea06ed048bb.jpg

Got it assembled
d52b2288ff643cb21bb464d60e557438.jpg
340c599073c7c9c19f1a625aba71f2c8.jpg

I also ran some black pin stripe sticker on one leg to see how it looked , I like it ..

Last edited:
Fork is gorgeous!!!! Can't wait for the frame!!

Like Yogi Berra says, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it"....I'd take that fork any day! Hopefully the frame shows up soon and you can be rolling to the Finished line ...!

Well I FINALLY got my frame back hope I can still pull this off . My didn't give much time an extra week or so would behave been nice . A lot of work ahead still the powered coat is thick and lot of part won't fit so I have to file some of the paint off to make it work .
727e1d09e107b5347ec5e1cd5e4c6e1c.jpg

Latest posts

Back