51 girls Panther's new look

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd56

It's all about the tanklights
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I recently experienced the worst feeling ever, with the bike shop break in a few weeks ago. bikes stolen (have gotten them all back now), and of course some senseless vandalism.

The problem was that the bikes just were considered "run of the mill" old bikes to those that were not in the know of vintage bikes. The police that responded and that are handling the case, clearly had no idea of what I had. In fact they expressed (as many would do that just don't understand) that "it's just a bike".... :shock:

So I decided that I needed to add some type of identifier to the few I'm presently working on. Not that I would go this extreme on all my bikes but, this newest look on this 1951 twotone green Panther, will no doubt be noticed regardless if it is going or coming at you.

The added color, I think looks great. The wife loves the new look and has even named the bike in light of the new look. Her "green Hornet".
And yes, I explained to her is wasn't a Hornet but, a Panther.
She said, "it's my bike and I'll call whatever I want"....can't argue with that feeling....ahhhh maybe she is coming around, :shock:

attachment.php

So here is a dry fit of all the correct green Panther parts for the wife's well patina'd rider.

Need to replace the seat and do have a S seat to use but, because it is not era correct I have reservations on installing. Then again the green sunlites tire aren't either a correct tire. But it does stand out in a crowd and with the much needed added parts is pretty close to complete.
Needs cleaning ad servicing....but, I and especially the wife...love it.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back