'53 Bel Airflow Shelby: The 7th Annual OddJob Awards! Pg 22!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! I'll probably get some primer on the tank and see how much the light catches the 'dimples and creases' and pull them off and work more if needed. The left side, non drive side, less 'photographed' side, is nearly perfect; of course. Doesn't it always work out that way? :rolleyes:

Another great tool for the shop is a cobblers anvil. I've used mine in just about every build off since Flexy in BO7.

The cobbler anvils just have so many curves and surfaces, and they seem to be the right scale for bike metalwork.

1620359697436.png

Last edited:
Thanks Falstaff and KF for providing the virtual episode of "Tool Time" . :bigsmile: I've got Harbor Freight on my 'must do' list for today! Cobbler's anvil, source for that? Antique or are they currently in production?
tim-allen-home-improvement-1598559835.jpg

That's Falstaff on the left, and Kingfish (in his 'hairier days') on the right.

Thanks Falstaff and KF for providing the virtual episode of "Tool Time" . :bigsmile: I've got Harbor Freight on my 'must do' list for today! Cobbler's anvil, source for that? Antique or are they currently in production?
View attachment 156573

I am pretty sure that Binford makes a great cobblers anvil.

View attachment 156573

Cobblers anvils are still made, but it would probably be easier to find them at an antique shop.
Now GTB, and imagine I just made the Tim Allen barking noise.

Cobblers anvils are still made, but it would probably be easier to find them at an antique shop.
Now GTB, and imagine I just made the Tim Allen barking noise.
I went through a big antique mall in NC not long ago and picked up several. Also some old wood dolly hammers and old lead working tools. Antique shops rule

KJV, that was really cool! Wow, makes me long for those simpler times of the '50s and early '60s. Thanks for that trip down memory lane.

Reactions: KJV
View attachment 156573

Yesss! The exchange of information is what makes this place the best. People sharing their tricks, not keeping secrets. You aren't the only one adding a cobbler's anvil to their wish list. In the past I used a handful of old underpants (seriously, that's what was in the rag bag), maybe I need a sandbag too. Learning so much

Yesss! The exchange of information is what makes this place the best. People sharing their tricks, not keeping secrets. You aren't the only one adding a cobbler's anvil to their wish list. In the past I used a handful of old underpants (seriously, that's what was in the rag bag), maybe I need a sandbag too. Learning so much
Funny you should mention "exchange of information". See your thread for what I mean; just minutes ago. Sync-RaT-nicity.

Spent the day enjoying a bike ride and live jazz at a winery outdoors with my wife.

Just a few minutes in the BACK40 to fit a handlebar idea, the Thompson grips, and slid the '3 on the tree' shifter on the, well, tree.

Closed a wonderful weekend with a fire on the patio by the pond.
20210509_190929.jpg

20210509_190950.jpg

20210509_191014.jpg

20210509_193531.jpg

Spent the day enjoying a bike ride and live jazz at a winery outdoors with my wife.

Just a few minutes in the BACK40 to fit a handlebar idea, the Thompson grips, and slid the '3 on the tree' shifter on the, well, tree.

Closed a wonderful weekend with a fire on the patio by the pond.
View attachment 156950
View attachment 156951
View attachment 156952
View attachment 156953
1. Those bars look phenomenal on there

2. Am I the only one that sees Yoda in that flame? :crazy2::43::bigsmile:

Latest posts

Back