'53 Bel Airflow Shelby: The 7th Annual OddJob Awards! Pg 22!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fave was this one of you with your daughter. :grin:
lunch at the Tiki Bar.jpg

The Shelby wasnt in that one; so therefore: didnt submit the vote.:cool:

Nice, I have a question. Sorry if I missed an answer somewhere in your build. But where is the chain guard from and is it hiding other gears on the rear wheel. I see the control on the right grip. Thank you

Nice, I have a question. Sorry if I missed an answer somewhere in your build. But where is the chain guard from and is it hiding other gears on the rear wheel. I see the control on the right grip. Thank you
The chain guard was custom made by me using a wood 'buck' (form) that I wrapped fiberglass cloth and resin over, released it from the buck, added Bondo and wood filler, smoothed painted, added adhesive auto chrome vinyl trim around the 'panel' and mounted it to be flush with the fender. If you look at the chain guard, that silver thing sticking out from the rear hub is the Internal 3 speed shifter part connected to the grip shift on the handlebar.

Thanks for chiming in! Where in 'sconnie are you? I'm in Twin Cities, but have a place in Webb Lake, WI.

I have been having some issues focusing. No, not those issues. :rolleyes:
Those will be with me forever.

My phone camera isn't really pulling in the best photos. So I got out my old iPad that I use strictly for holding all my lyric and chord charts for our band. So here are a few that I just shot today. Beautiful, Fall like day in the north country.

image (5).jpeg
image (2).jpeg
image (1).jpeg
image (4)_kindlephoto-1808289964.jpg

PhoTo oN~!

I really like the way this build could be followed from concept with the opening photo to completion. Watching the concept being developed, seeing how details are achieved to further the interpretation of the concept is very interesting. That said the family tie to three generations in the whole narrative is the true highlight for me. Well done.

I really like the way this build could be followed from concept with the opening photo to completion. Watching the concept being developed, seeing how details are achieved to further the interpretation of the concept is very interesting. That said the family tie to three generations in the whole narrative is the true highlight for me. Well done.
Thanks Kevin! Thematic builds always hold the greatest meaning to me, they come from a place that holds on to those memories of the past, a nostalgic part of our being that transcends time and space. I appreciate your words!

Page 2 slacker status for OJ in August! ? ! (said no one, ever) :bigsmile:

Been a busy week or so here in the north country, music gigs, family stuff, and getting ready for another season of driving bus for the local school district. I also want to squeeze in a ride video for my Finished Thread before I post it.

Had a wild hair on Tuesday afternoon. We had thought about having our family gathering at a local axe throwing and lumberjack sports bar. But found out that it was only open Thurs - Sun. And our family thing was on Tuesday. So, I thought, "Why not take the axe throwing to the family, instead ?"

I hopped on Amazon, and sure enough, they had 'same day' delivery for Prime members! My Smith & Wessen pack of three throwing axes should arrive between 5 pm and 10 pm that very same night! Alas, it was not meant to be. Shipping was 'delayed' ( I'm betting the delivery guy had them in his truck and decided to knock off early for the night...) and I didn't get them till the next morning on Wed.

As soon as I got home last night, after my 4 hour round trip to take Mom home and then a couple hours at the bus garage doing a dry run for my bus routes, I opened up the bag and headed out to my already 'built not bought' pallet target I had made on Tues afternoon.
It's set up right next to the BACK40 bike shed, and uses some left over reclaimed wood from my shed build, as the target.

When you build these, you want to run your boards so the grain runs vertically, up and down rather than across. That way the thin blades that are sharp on three sides will slice in when they strike the target. The end of the handle is also pointed and sharp, just below the built in bottle opener. So, yeah. :wink1:

We will have to wait for the family to enjoy this at a later date. But boy, did I have fun for about an hour last night!

240783750_379033797266184_6233758758978370513_n.jpg

240679442_206569788031756_8661864638895006739_n.jpg

240688763_227989619335499_3286393871898827668_n.jpg

240501482_849696635716822_3849865453412260324_n.jpg

240690779_992317468214586_1662652728175685721_n.jpg

240774870_4067409740048141_3542988152635003179_n.jpg

Throwing axe with built-in bottle opener; Good Times !
Did Everyone
Participate in the axe throwing?
Tom, the axes didn't show up on time as expected. So we will have to save the group axe throwing for a later date. I'm already planning on a party for buddies very soon though!

Reactions: KJV
Throwing axe with built-in bottle opener; Good Times !
Did Everyone
Participate in the axe throwing?

And you can always use the pointy ends as can openers. :D

Those would be pretty cool for home defense too!! :D (along with my S&W pew pew).

We have a cloudy day here and a few minutes to spare, so I got my wife to act as cinematographer and shoot a short ride video of me on our newly paved street and the '53 Bel Airflow Shelby. Smoooooooth....

Let me know if you are able to view this. First time I have tried doing a video upload with out using Youtube.

RaT oN~!

Smooth rolling ride!
I can see the video fine.

Latest posts

Back