54' CWC Military Build - pretty much done..I think

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 54' CWC Military Build - We're rollin'

Thanks! Its been fairly easy to get the bike to where it is. I think the details from here on out are the tough part. I want it to look like someone took a military bike and ratted it out. I got a killer light from Peatbog that I am thinking might be perfect on this....

Awesome build as always Terry! :D The decals looks great on the tank :wink: I really like the Olive Drab paint with the cream Fat Franks 8)

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Awesome build as always Terry! :D The decals looks great on the tank :wink: I really like the Olive Drab paint with the cream Fat Franks 8)

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I had stencils created with the vinyl, and then shot it with white paint. Not a big fan of decals, so this way it is all painted on. I need some time to work on it, but I am swamped with life right now.

It looks great. I'm still deciding what to do with my 46 CWC.

Have you tried it with the beehive stretched?

Peatbog said:
Hey, that looks cool! If you end us with too many bikes to store just let me know :mrgreen:

It's good to know you are there for me if I need you! :lol:

So....STRIKE ONE on the military build. Put it together and totally hate it. Not feeling the bars, stem or the seat. I think they are all super cool, but they don't work on this build. Going a different direction....

rb18.jpg

Lookin sweet dude paint is perfect decals bars are awesome

big kountry said:
Lookin sweet dude paint is perfect decals bars are awesome

Thanks man....those bars are a set of chopped BMX bars with some pointed plugs.

Just my 2 cents but I think an old ratty cross-brace bar would look sick. Or bars that look like an old military motorcycle from WWII. The grips sre perfect though. And as far as the seat...I'd go a nice tan leather. But hey what do I know that's just what I'd like to see.

Keep going it looks great!

I digg it!! Since you hate what you have .... I'm with whoever said brown leather seat. And perhaps just a vintage stem and flipped bars?

Thanks guys....I have probably 6-7 springer seats on the shelf and not one is brown! The black seats didn't fit the scheme which is why I went with the "prison" seat, but I am not digging it either. I also agree that the pull back cross bars would be the way to go. I sold a set a while back. I figure I'll be patient and wait on a reasonable set. Sometimes those things go for big money. I'll start working on the detail bits and pieces in the meantime. I need to decide if I am going with the ammo boxes as side bags and figure out how to mount that all up. Also I have a set of skiptooth 24 wheels up at Nate's house. I might pick them up and use them with a '36 CWC Roadmaster skiptooth sprocket I have.

Take one of your seats and buy some leather and over it yourself. I've heard it's not to hard and the leather is not expensive. Look up how to do it and see of that's something you'd do. It'd save you some money and you'd get the color you want!

Vintagebikelover24 said:
Take one of your seats and buy some leather and over it yourself. I've heard it's not to hard and the leather is not expensive. Look up how to do it and see of that's something you'd do. It'd save you some money and you'd get the color you want!

Yeah, I have covered a couple of them with decent results. I have two with no covering that I could use. I bought an old dark brown ladies leather coat on ebay with some nice stiching for like $8, so I might use it as a cover. I would like to find a nice leather seat with good natural patina, but we'll see. I am also not big on spending when I don't "need" something! :lol:

I don't think anyone is big on spending when not needed lol.

Went ahead and swapped out some parts this evening. I don't have the bars I want or a brown springer seat, but I went with what I had laying around. I'm still not into the chainguard, but the rest of the lines are starting to flow. I figure it looks pretty good as it sits, so I am going to put the feelers out on the bars and a brown leather spring seat and just keep working on it.

Yo Kevin...I got me some of those pedal things you were talking about....

rb19.jpg

rb20.jpg

Stem I got from Justin (yoothgeye). I think it has found its new home.
rb21.jpg

Re: 54' CWC Military Build - Back on track!

I like these bars better than the others.
As usual, you are doing incredible work!
This bike just flows!

kingfish254 said:
I like these bars better than the others.
As usual, you are doing incredible work!
This bike just flows!

Thanks! I have a feeling this is my last 3" tire build for a while though. I don't want to get too caught up in the same thing over and over.

this came out real sweet.... i liked the chopped bmx bars all in all sweet build though Terry!!!!

Awesome build so far! :D I like the bars and seat on there now :wink:

Latest posts

Back