'55 Hudson - 24" Newsboy "Sprinter"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is a few pics of my latest build. I honestly forget where i got the year from... I bought this several years ago and have tried to find info on it but with no luck other that some bits on Westfield Mfg.. So for now, it hase a few imported parts, holding the place of domestic parts. Being 6'6", a 24" low-boy is kinda small, so I am not sure how much i will be willing to invest to make a 100% USA made scoot, so those parts may be a little ways off in the future.

The concept is a pre-klunker, (tankless)tank-bike/bmx/racer. Being 24", it is like a little greyhound on 1-3/8" tires. I didn't want a coaster brake so there is a custom bracket holding the center pull caliper to the chain stays, just behind the BB. this is for "aerodynamics" (and because since the bike came with fenders, there was no place to mount any other style of grabby brakes). The chain tensioners are getting replaced by some 40s NOS once they come in.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for looking.
KkGyDS2.jpg

CNzjjhB.jpg

MgQa6EX.jpg

vwKTUB0.jpg

BLvun2F.jpg

rYubCQA.jpg

In the beginning...
kG3jvjt.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back