• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

62 Schwinn Typhoon BMX cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've decided to let this one go. I built this bike a couple years ago and have ridden it very sparingly, it probably has about 10 miles on it.
It's a 1962 Schwinn Typhoon Twin-bar frame, this frame was only built for 1 year.
The bike was originally black but the paint was in bad shape so I went with gold, blue and chrome.
It's got 26" Araya wheel set.
Sugino Maxy Cross Crank with Sugino chainring.
DK stem.
Akisu fork.
Sansin Front hub.
New Sturmey Archer 2 speed kickback. I have the original Sunshine rear hub that I will include if you want it.
New MKS-BM 7 pedals.
New AME grips.
New Tuf Neck style seat clamp.
New Tire set.
New Schwinn seat that matches the vintage Schwinn pad set.
The bike is super clean and ready to ride.
it's got one scuff in the paint on the top tube, other than that the paint is very clean.
I'm asking $500 plus shipping. I know that might sound a little steep but I have more than that into this build and I'd much prefer to sell it to one of you guys than put it on Ebay.
Thanks, Ian

I was just looking over the bike and noticed something that I hadn't seen before. It looks like the Maxy Cross must have been touched up or repainted.
I'm attaching a photo of the backside of the crank where you can see the name has been worn of but it's still blue. Just trying to be totally up front about the bike. I'm attaching a photo.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back