63 1/2 stingray info

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

need some info on this k311969 stingray looks to be all orig. but sissybar an poss.back tire what should it have
on the s2 rim the one thats on it now is a goodyear double eagle and i know the sissy bar is add on any info will
help what is this worth.all i have done is took it apart cleaned it greesed it up light wax job paint is all orig no
touch ups bearings and crank are stamped 63-4 forgot its not for sale

You need the square back sissy bar. The 63 was the non crimped ones. Then in 64 they used the crimped style. They are crimped where the seat bolts go. Here is a pic of a non crimped one you are looking for.

Schwinn used at least 3 different tire's in 63. This was the first year, or actually half year. Most likely, tire would be dated 1962 or 63. I do not believe Schwinn used ANY slick tire's in 1963. It was most likely a 20X2.125 tire with knobby tread, diamond pattern tread was definetely one of the 63.5 tread pattern's schwinn used. Good Luck! WOW! What a find!.Congrats!

Latest posts

Back