64' Merideth

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this cruiser in a bundle for some other bikes, kinda a throw me in of the deal. When I read th echainguard, i've never heard of a Merideth, but by looks of the frame and chainring alone, it was an obviously a Columbia built bike, and following Columbia's ser# chart, I found this to be a 64'.

DSCN3645.jpg

DSCN3643.jpg

DSCN3644.jpg

Looks to be a well built bike with almost everything original on it. The whitewalls I put on her barely clear and really fill the fenders well. A slight rubbing issue with the front tire's sidewall width in the fork, despite a few washers I had added for clearance. Looks like i'm gonna go out to the shed and grab a file and do a little trimming in the insides of the forks. won't take much as they barely rub, and can't find a skinnier tire without going to a too shinny blackwall.

The bike rides well, too. has anyone else heard of a, or better yet has a picture of their Merideth cruiser?

Did a little clearance work in the front forks for that whitwall tire and got her a little more true and now, no more rubbing. Been sitting in a basement since last summer. may take er' for a ride later.

AS far as I know, the rims, handlebars, pedals, seat and probably chain are all original. I heard that Merideths were made up in New Hampshire and were Westfield or Columbia built. Haven't been able to find anything else out about them and chaulk htem up with Vistas. Have yet to rebuild anyhting on it, and rode great on my test ride today.

Latest posts

Back