'64 Schwinn American

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I'll bet your sky matches that blue.

Sorry about the lack of updates over the last couple weeks. After my last post I got the pedals cleaned up, a new chain put on and tossed on a temporary seat/sissy bar to make it rideable. Then I promptly got sick as a dog with the flu for the better part of ten days. Started feeling better a few days ago but with Thanksgiving coming up attention turned towards getting the house cleaned up. Now that all that's over I can get back to the important stuff..............like bikes and cars. I was able to get a couple of shakedown runs around the neighborhood in...............this is a sweet rider and has a really nice top-end with that big five-speed Schwinn Mag sprocket paired with the single speed Red Band coaster.

Next test ride, take your phone / camera with you.... :21:

That's a nasty way to say, "We want pictures!"
:wink1:

It's just been sitting for a month and a half, all finished except for the seat and final detailing. I kept putting off contacting my seat guy (I'm not saying who until the final thread ;)) and when I finally did, I found out he had himself an accident and thought he may not be able to do it. He tried covering one the other night and he says he's good to go. I shipped my seat core to him yesterday. The finished thread wont be posted until the deadline.

DoWN to the WiRe ~! Hope to see you cross the "Finished " line ! RaT oN~!

Photo shoot is done and ready for posting on deadline day.
You want to be last in the voting list? Interesting, I thought the general consensus was the higher up the list the better the chances?

Decided the Tijuana reject needed some more shiny stuff. I dug the stock rear fender out and chopped it up. The chrome was nasty (as seen in the first post of this thread) but with a little (actually, a lot) of elbow grease the fender and brace cleaned up nicely. I had three braces from the stock fenders, two were too short, the other too long. I stuck it on top of my vice and beat the snot out of it until it flattened out and drilled some new holes. Had to have a friend of mine pop-rivet the brace back on since I managed to loose my gun somewhere along the way. Everything worked out great, it's all back together with no clearance issues..........

Fender 1.JPG
Fender 2.JPG
Fender 3.JPG

Latest posts

Back